Honored Contributor

Re: Finally broke down and will install air conditioning for this summer

I haven't regretted putting a/c into my home, @SeaMaiden.  My allergies have improved greatly from not having the windows open and my utility bill is quite reasonable.

When I first moved to WA, nobody had a/c because there would only be a few uncomfortably hot days a year.  

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I haven't regretted putting a/c into my home, @SeaMaiden.  My allergies have improved greatly from not having the windows open and my utility bill is quite reasonable.

When I first moved to WA, nobody had a/c because there would only be a few uncomfortably hot days a year.  

@tansy   I know very little about AC and am trying to come up with questions when the fellow comes out next Tuesday to discuss what all is involved.   Can you explain how the AC gets rid of the hot air and replaces it with the cool air?  Probably a good question to ask the installer huh?🙂

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't realize that humidity isn't much of an issue where you live @SeaMaiden .  That's good because it certainly makes a difference!

edited for spelling error

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

I didn't realize that humidity isn't much of an issue where you leave @SeaMaiden .  That's good because it certainly makes a difference!

Yes it makes a HUGE difference getting the air to dry out from the humidity with the AC on!  As they say it's not so much the heat around here (southeastern PA) but the humidity.  I can't imagine not having AC.