Honored Contributor

Re: Finally! As Is Lit Pedestals Available

Disappointment doesn't describe it. My set arrived today and it clearly was a return, which is fine. The problem is the large one was shipped to me broken. I didn't even have to take it out of the box, I could see the base was separated from the stem and it wasn't covered in plastic. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Regular Contributor

SO sorry graycats. Makes for much disappointment.

Esteemed Contributor

graycats, Sorry about your set. My 2 chocolate sets were also obvious returns with the previous person's return labels on the boxes, layers of packing tape, etc. So there goes the theory mentioned up-thread.

I'm still thinking about what I will do with my 6 pedestals. One is broken. Three are crooked a bit, but I'm still trying to decide if it is enough to be obvious. The shiny finish on one has more of a matte look than the others.

They are still really pretty in spite of all the issues above.

Honored Contributor

There's a big difference in getting a return and being sent defective products. I'd send them all back. The price is easier to swallow, but it's the having to settle part that I don't like. They never should have been shipped. I love how the ones on the shows and facebook are all straight, even paint and shiny. Then there are the ones we got. Something wrong with that.

Esteemed Contributor

I understand what you're saying, graycats, that we don't have to settle and shouldn't be sent defective items. It is frustrating, especially when the items we want to own are sold out and we have no idea if they will be brought back.

I've decided that my sets are worth keeping after all. CS is crediting me for the broken pedestal. As for the ones that are a bit crooked, I figured out that I could turn them a certain direction and they don't appear to lean at all. There's a trick to it, but it works, so I'm relieved. I really like the shape and color. I may share them with my mom who uses a lot of warm wood tones in her house.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 4/18/2014 SHOPR said:

I understand what you're saying, graycats, that we don't have to settle and shouldn't be sent defective items. It is frustrating, especially when the items we want to own are sold out and we have no idea if they will be brought back.

I've decided that my sets are worth keeping after all. CS is crediting me for the broken pedestal. As for the ones that are a bit crooked, I figured out that I could turn them a certain direction and they don't appear to lean at all. There's a trick to it, but it works, so I'm relieved. I really like the shape and color. I may share them with my mom who uses a lot of warm wood tones in her house.

As long as you're happy, that's all that counts. I thought about getting a credit for the broken one, but the other two were dull and not glossy like the broken one. I put on the return to exchange them. I'm probably just asking for trouble. I really won't be a happy camper if I get sent a replacement and there are defects. I imagine I'll just get a credit since there are none showing.

Esteemed Contributor

A few minutes ago, I checked H200926, and a Lavender and Spring Green (in addition to a "green") had been added to the colors, though showing sold out. Spring Green? There has already been a springy green.

Maybe they were getting ready to place orders for new holiday colors, which would include a plain green, so had to differentiate, plus adding a lavender to the mix for next year. Who knows. Wish I'd done a screen shot, because all the colors have disappeared.

graycats, Maybe you will see chocolate return at some point, if you're willing to try again. It is very aggravating having to do multiple returns.

Honored Contributor

Pink was showing too for a brief minute and there are no as is.

Esteemed Contributor

H200926 is back and now up to $52.00!