Esteemed Contributor
So we have our final walk then Wed. I have a question for those that have built. What should we expect? Who all attends this walk thru? Will it just be our project manager? Anyone else from the builder or someone from our credit union? What have been your experiences.
Esteemed Contributor

I forgot to mention my dad already gave out project manager the punch list last week. It seems like everything has been done.  I hope the bank has already been notified and have someone ready to do the final appraisel. He is over there everyday so I assume there won’t be any more items to fix after the walk thru. Because he has done so much work on it sometimes he had been over there for hours. 

Esteemed Contributor

In my case it was just the project manager and of course me. The bank didn't get involved as plumbing, electricity, etc were approved as it was being done and you have to stop building until those items pass. 

I also got a year to make sure everything was in order and to my satisfaction and they would take care of it also. My builder is very good and my door bell messed up about 6 months after the year was up. But he still came and took care of everything with no charge. 

Good luck and I hope everything goes smoothly for you and your family and get settled in quickly. 

Honored Contributor

Just us and the project manager both homes we've built.