Respected Contributor

With so many companies facing scrutiny for inferior products and slow shipping I just wanted to share my story about this particular company.

I had been searching for two lampshades to fit my livingroom lamps.  The lamps are still in very good shape but the shades were beginning to show wear.   I looked through all of the lighting stores websites but could not find exactly what I wanted.   I wanted pure white shades that would fit my rather tall lamps.  

I finally came upon the Fenchel website and found exactly the ones I wanted.  They were more expensive than I thought I would ever pay for just lamp shades but they were all I could find.

I quickly placed my order and anxiously awaited their arrival.  When they came they were very carefully boxed.   When I opened them up both shades were dented in  various places.  It appeared that it had happened during manufacturing.  The dents and dings could not be pushed out.  

I immediately contacted the company and expected to get the run around.  Instead I spoke to a very courteous customer sales rep who immediately apologized and asked me to send her a picture of each of the shades.   Once she received the pictures she agreed that the shades were damaged and that I should just throw them away.  

She immediately issued an order for another pair and said they would expedite the shipping.    Within just a few days my replacement order arrived and they were in perfect condition.  

I then received a call from the company asking me if the shades were to my satisfaction.

Then apologized again and gave me a credit to my credit card for all of my trouble.

Although the first pair were damaged I still was very pleased with how the company handled the situation.  I would not hesitate to purchase from them again.  

Honored Contributor

That is how companies should respond when there is a problem with a product.  I have not had an issue with a company to date when it comes to a positive outcome.  I am glad you didn't with Fenchel's.  It gives you a good feeling that there are decent  people you can trust and who are fair.  

Honored Contributor

Ladies, just to share, I have had very good experiances from Pottery Barn when I got my lamps.

These hand thrown lamps are perfect with my antiques and I got them on sale.

Courtney Ceramic 29