Respected Contributor

Re: Feelings of leaving a house that you lived in your entire life

I have never had to move.  I was born in the house I'm in.  If and when I move, In my own sentimental way,  I think a period of rental would be a good thing for me.  It would be like a transition period.  Like I'm not abandoning my beloved home  and walking right into something that should just immediately take its place.  Renting  wiould give me mindset of gearing up to look forward to setteling in to my own new home.

Honored Contributor

The only time I was crying the day we moved was the house I raised my children in. I was so emotional. But as soon as we drove away and walked in my spanking new house I forgot all about crying over the other house. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

The only time I was crying the day we moved was the house I raised my children in. I was so emotional. But as soon as we drove away and walked in my spanking new house I forgot all about crying over the other house. 

Exactly!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Today feels so weird. Making the final preparations and house is going on market Sunday night. It feels strange. 

Respected Contributor

My DH and I bought our home 40 years ago.  I now live here alone and it would be too difficult to leave my home to a buyer.  I would hate that!