Honored Contributor

Re: Feeling the Warmth in this Living Room...

[ Edited ]

Definitely a nice, warm inviting room to have a nice chat or curl up and read or take a nice nap by the fire! I do agree though it needs a pop of color with all of the beige......

Esteemed Contributor

I love the ceiling but would have to replace everything else.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Valued Contributor

You and I must have the same taste in home decor'. I love everything you post and always agree with what you dislike. I find this room classy, comfortable and relaxing.

Respected Contributor

Looks like it's striving for refined rustic/Spanish colonial but ends up somewhere between fussy and formal.

Honored Contributor

Though mostly neutral, I find this to be a beautiful space. While, to compliment the wood ceiling, I might have introduced a few more rustic elements into an otherwise somewhat 'refined' look, I think the armoire and side table more or less do the job...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Too cluttered.  Not my taste.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some of the elements I love.

The wall color is appropriate for a formal living room.  The ceiling is too rustic looking and doesn't fit with the elegance.  Clashes with the beautiful wood furniture and soft velvet-y upholstery.

It's nice that there is (comfortable) seating for atleast 6 people.  I'm not counting the backless bench in front of the fireplace.  But not fond of the tufted piece in the middle of the couches as though that serves as a coffee/cocktail table.  It doesn't.  

So important for me to have enough seating for a group of at least 6, preferably 8--without bringing in chairs from the dining room table or elsewhere.  And also that everyone have easy access to set a drinking glass down--without having to get up to do so.

This room is missing the latter.  Although it is a lovely room.  

Respected Contributor

Everything works except the wall sconces, ceiling fixture, the tufted coffee table and horrible tapestry drapes!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Some of the elements I love.

The wall color is appropriate for a formal living room.  The ceiling is too rustic looking and doesn't fit with the elegance.  Clashes with the beautiful wood furniture and soft velvet-y upholstery.

It's nice that there is (comfortable) seating for atleast 6 people.  I'm not counting the backless bench in front of the fireplace.  But not fond of the tufted piece in the middle of the couches as though that serves as a coffee/cocktail table.  It doesn't.  

So important for me to have enough seating for a group of at least 6, preferably 8--without bringing in chairs from the dining room table or elsewhere.  And also that everyone have easy access to set a drinking glass down--without having to get up to do so.

This room is missing the latter.  Although it is a lovely room.  

@Lucky Charm  I agree with you about the ottoman... I like an ottoman in a room and I think this one is appealing but I in no way am buying into the whole 'ottoman as a replacement for a coffee table' trend... I want a table that's a table and, if there's space for it, an ottoman that's an ottoman. The twain need not meet...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I would paint the walls a color, maybe a light blue and perhaps put a different type/color rug down.  Otherwise it is a lovely room and also looks like a place I could relax in while reading a good book.