Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@wilma All of the rooms are so pretty but I find the lighter tones too visually intense from their paleness in such large amounts.

I the bedroom, I wouldn't have had the headboard blue.  It was too much.

I LOVE your reading room and want your pillows!

Is that your pup or an accessory?

@ECBG 

That’s my fake dog given to me by a friend when I moved into my first apartment. I love dogs, but we never had one when I was growing up. My apartment didn’t allow them so my friend gave me “my first dog”. Since living in a stand alone home since 1999 I’ve had a few real dogs. 

Honored Contributor

@sceniccoast wrote:

@wilma 

Your reading room looks very relaxing.  Just looking at your pooch, it feels the same way.

Yes, I love shades of blue.  I do have a few blue rooms in our home.   

Love the first 3 pics you posted.  I'd like the 4th one better if the zebra print chair was replaced with a different one.  Same with the picture on the back wall.  It's dramatic but I'm just not fond of the print.  I'd rather see a scenic one.  The 5th pic, not at all, it's too formal for my taste.

Thanks for all the pics you've been posting.

@sceniccoast 

Thanks for the compliment. The chairs may not look it, but they are very relaxing, even more so when in a reclining position. 

FYI - That’s a fake pooch. My real dog prefers the living room sofas so she can look out the front windows. 

Respected Contributor

@wilma 

hmmm .. reading & reclining sometimes works against the first one (reading.)  I end of napping sometimes.  Woman Frustrated

I do enjoy a peaceful room, such as yours, for reading.  You can concentrate better.   

Enjoy your long weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

I like 3, 4, 6, 7.  My bedroom and bath are all shades of blue and white/off white walls.

Honored Contributor

I like, and am tolerant of navy in my home.   I hate light blue, and especially the periwinkle color teacher daughter chose for her bedroom about 20 years ago!   

Esteemed Contributor

I like all of them them, but the last one is my least favorite.

The carpet does not grab me, but I love the table.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I like blue (all shades), but I just dont like the way the rooms are decorated and/or accessorized .....

Room #1--- looks tired and outdated---dont like the curtains

Room#2--- Too busy and too white....

Room#3--- Too white and too boring

Room#4--- HATE glass coffee & end tables and again too much white/beige

Room #5---Dont care for it at all 

Room#6---The bathroom is OK

Room#7---Not a fan of ginger jars---they'd have to go, get rid of that mirror above the mantel and put something else...Then this room would be fine! 

@Spurt 

Since you like blue, but don’t like these rooms, would you like to post a picture of a blue room you like? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Feeling Blues?

[ Edited ]

@wilma wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

I like blue (all shades), but I just dont like the way the rooms are decorated and/or accessorized .....

Room #1--- looks tired and outdated---dont like the curtains

Room#2--- Too busy and too white....

Room#3--- Too white and too boring

Room#4--- HATE glass coffee & end tables and again too much white/beige

Room #5---Dont care for it at all 

Room#6---The bathroom is OK

Room#7---Not a fan of ginger jars---they'd have to go, get rid of that mirror above the mantel and put something else...Then this room would be fine! 

@Spurt 

Since you like blue, but don’t like these rooms, would you like to post a picture of a blue room you like? 

@wilma 

Everyone has their own taste and style and difficult to find those that one or everyone likes....  I appreciate all your hard work....

After searching hundreds cant find the perfect one for blue---the closest was #7 with the changes I made.....Or these bits and pieces ....What I like is think Valerie 
Parr Hill----cottage/french country....but I couldnt find any photos were she used a lot of blue....and believe me i looked.... 

50160268_2094255663992044_6178049630522048512_n.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

While blue is my favorite color in clothing, I tend to lean more towards the greens than blues in my home decor.  I do have a touch of navy in one room and I like that.

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

Everyone has their own taste and style and difficult to find those that one or everyone likes....  I appreciate all your hard work....

After searching hundreds cant find the perfect one for blue---the closest was #7 with the changes I made.....Or these bits and pieces ....What I like is think Valerie 
Parr Hill----cottage/french country....but I couldnt find any photos were she used a lot of blue....and believe me i looked.... 

50160268_2094255663992044_6178049630522048512_n.jpg

@Spurt 

Sorry you spent so much time searching photos. Thanks for posting a photo and sharing your opinions. The vignette you posted is pretty. 

I agree with you. We all have different tastes. It’s been quite an experience & sometimes very difficult to find rooms on the Internet for these color threads I’ve been starting. Like you said it’s nearly impossible to find one where I like everything in the room. 

Have a great week!