Honored Contributor

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

[ Edited ]

@sol_luna I referenced your post because you directly replied to my post.  And you even went so far as to underline part of my post.

If you were not talking about my post, then I'm not sure why you included mine at all.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

@GingerPeachwrote:

@Tigriss

I am not talking about sink preferences.  The subject of tv influencing buyers/viewers/real estate agents is ever so much broader.

Buyers want what they want.It has NOTHING to do with tv influence.

Honored Contributor

Looks like you are just posting what you want and aren't paying attention to what is written.  Sorry, I don't buy your story, @sol_luna

And since you took the trouble to underline part of my post, you should have taken the time to understand it, especially since your argument hinges on something that is not at all what was written.

And no, buyers ARE influenced by what they see on television.  It may not be as specific as two sinks, and frankly, I repeat I was not even talking about sinks.  It's really hard to understand why you keep bringing up sinks when my posts were about the bigger picture and not about how many sinks.

Besides, those buyers very likely used those sinks as a false premise to pretend they weren't interested, so even that part of your argument doesn't hold water.  (pun intended)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@sol_luna

why is it necessary to turn this thread into a personal matter.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions even if it doesn't concur with yours! Because this format is messed up i can't use "quote" feature to show your snotty reply to@homegirl.

Lately, it seems a generalized topic becomes "personal" attack if others have different opinions -- not just here but other topics.

This thread went totally off in another direction which started out as @151949 stating latest feedback was about master has single sink.

Super Contributor

@homedecor1wrote:

@sol_luna

why is it necessary to turn this thread into a personal matter.  Everyone is entitled to their opinions even if it doesn't concur with yours! Because this format is messed up i can't use "quote" feature to show your snotty reply to@homegirl.

Lately, it seems a generalized topic becomes "personal" attack if others have different opinions -- not just here but other topics.

This thread went totally off in another direction which started out as @151949 stating latest feedback was about master has single sink.

Smiley Indifferent

Super Contributor

I have to say this is one of those things that mystifies me.  I realize that everyone has their priorities, but I just don't get the "dual sinks" thing.  Although we have room for two sinks in our master bath, we have just one.  It's fine.  I seriously don't understand why two people have to brush their teeth at the exact same moment.

I get that there are things about which people will not compromise. I understand that some people will not consider a house without a garage.  I am not one of those people either.  I live in New England where we have lots of snow (although not so much this year, so far), but I'm still not all that concerned about having a garage. I feel like shoveling snow is exercise, so it doesn't bother me all that much.  Of course, in 20 years, I may feel differently.

On the other hand, I would not compromise on location.  I am on a dead-end street, with just 3 houses.  We have two acres of land, and it is very quiet..  That means the world to me.  My other non-negotiable is a porch.  I love my wrap around porch.  Our summers here are somewhat short, and I want to enjoy every minute.  My favorite memories involve family and friends hanging out on the front porch.  Sheer bliss.

Honored Contributor

@ZoetheCat I would never compromise on a garage. I refused to scrape snow off a car esp. since I was on call at work and often was up in the middle of the night going to work.Now I'm retired we live in Fl. and the sun just destroys the finish on cars that sit outside. A garage is a must for me.

Honored Contributor

Everyone is looking for something different to suit them.  With a bathroom I would not purchase if it didn't have a vanity with plenty of storage and also good lighting.  Also, no slippery floor tiles. It is an individual thing and buyers should always wait until they find what meets their needs. 

Last week OP said it wasn't selling because of the stock market? Go figure.

Honored Contributor

Here's the thing about feedback; it's really supposed to help sellers and the Realtor figure out why the house isn't selling. If the same issue keeps coming back, then that may be something the sellers either have to address by changing it or coming down in price or offering some time of incentive to have it changed once the buyers settles.

Carpet is one of those things that can break a contract and it really shouldn't. Place the amount for new carpet in escrow and let the buyer install it before they move in. But you can see why something like carpet is really an easy fix in order to get the sale. Asking for new counters? Changing the location? I don't understand why they bothered to look at it because those are not cheap fixes or possible to do. Sometimes buyers will just push the line to see how much they can get free and/or how much off the price. In any event, if the same issue is being mentioned, perhaps sitting back and looking at it as something to change in order to sell. Good luck. : )