Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,559
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

@GingerPeach - I agree with you regarding the HGTV shows. Buyers think they need/want whatever is on the daily program.

 

Guess what - My 600 sq ft kitchen had NAVY blue walls! And, in the white corian counter tops there was a strip of blue in the middle running all around! Since it was MY kitchen I loved it. If potential buyers didn't that was okay, they could paint it themselves.

 

I also wasn't paying for anyone's closing costs. I fixed a few things in the house that did need to be finished before closing, but when it came to talk of a new roof, I drew the line. Do you want the house or not?

 

It truly is a horrible experience. But, you can't take it personally when you hear feedback.

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,415
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

@riley1

I think your kitchen sounds gorgeous.

 

 

 

 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

I went back to look at the video on the website and , yes, it very clearly shows there is only one sink in each BR.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,285
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

You mention your house is small, so I'm assuming the other bath is a powder room?  Or, you have two full baths.

 

Either way, I wouldn't want visitors to use a bathroom that I or my husband use for shaving, toothbrushing, makeup, etc.

 

Our house is tiny, but we have a large master bath, with two sinks, a large shower and a deep (regular) bathtub that is for baths only.

 

I'm wondering, if you have so much extra counter space, why they (or you) don't put in a double sink vanity. 

 

That's an option, you could point out to your realtor.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,239
Registered: ‎05-10-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

They don't want the house and they didn't want to explain why so they used the sink issue as an excuse.  Don't take it personally.  It just wasn't the house for them. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 25,929
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

@Lucky Charm people on this board assume a lot and frequently it is incorrect. We have 2 full baths - shower/tub/ toilet & sink in both.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,285
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house


@151949wrote:

@Lucky Charm people on this board assume a lot and frequently it is incorrect. We have 2 full baths - shower/tub/ toilet & sink in both.


I wasn't sure, you simply stated you had another bath 10 feet away.

 

So with this ample counter space, why don't you mention to your realtor that there's room for a double vanity, if that's the deal breaker.

 

We just ordered one from Houzz that's only 60" long. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,814
Registered: ‎10-21-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charmwrote:

@151949wrote:

@Lucky Charm people on this board assume a lot and frequently it is incorrect. We have 2 full baths - shower/tub/ toilet & sink in both.


I wasn't sure, you simply stated you had another bath 10 feet away.

 

So with this ample counter space, why don't you mention to your realtor that there's room for a double vanity, if that's the deal breaker.

 

We just ordered one from Houzz that's only 60" long. 


A plumber would also have to be called. I can imagine it would get very expensive to put a second plumbing line if they could do it at all.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,217
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house


@151949wrote:

They claimed to really love everything else but can't consider buying it because there is only one sink in the master bath. They said they get ready to go somewhere at the same time and it would be too inconvenient for one of them to have to walk down the hall to the other BR, or have to wait for the sink.SERIOUSLY??? BTW - that second bath is 10 steps away from the master bath - this is a small home. There is a ton of counter space in both baths. 

I am amazed by the spoiled attitude of buyers.


Yes, for us that would be a show stopper.  What makes you say we are spoiled?  We worked really hard for our money and we would choose to have a house with 2 sinks.  What about that makes us spoiled?  

 

You chose to live in Florida and could obviously afford that and a summer place up north.  And  you're calling people spoiled for wanting two sinks?  Now that is rich!  LOL!!!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,285
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

[ Edited ]

@ccassadaywrote:

@Lucky Charmwrote:

@151949wrote:

@Lucky Charm people on this board assume a lot and frequently it is incorrect. We have 2 full baths - shower/tub/ toilet & sink in both.


I wasn't sure, you simply stated you had another bath 10 feet away.

 

So with this ample counter space, why don't you mention to your realtor that there's room for a double vanity, if that's the deal breaker.

 

We just ordered one from Houzz that's only 60" long. 


A plumber would also have to be called. I can imagine it would get very expensive to put a second plumbing line in I’d thry could do it at all.


Oh, yes, I know a plumber is needed, too.  I was just saying that if you have all that extra counter top space, why not get a double vanity.

 

If I were looking at the house, that's exactly what I'd be thinking about--a double vanity for the MB.  

 

Of course it's a mess (plumbers, carpenters, etc. seem to LOVE making a mess for me!).  But when it's all said and done, you get what you wanted.

 

If they loved the house, they should have the foresight to be able to see something worked out.

 

Maybe it's just me, but unless a house is brand new (and we've only had one custom built ), I go into a house knowing what walls will come down, where the stairs will go, how to add an extra bathroom or powder room.

 

I'm in the thick of it now.  It's what makes me tick!