Honored Contributor

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

said it once & I'll say it again

Selling a house is the most stressful experience!

And honestly, after months of potential buyers, realtor excuses, having to leave every time a "looker" came, and those who never showed up ....

but, my all time most aggravation was:

Constantly cleaning god forbid something was out of place, bathroom not sparkling, bed not made right, etc🙀

and my all time favorite feedback was:

We don't care for the light hardwood flooring!  No kiddng my 1st idiot realtor suggested we redo the floors (they were real hardwood light oak).  What?

The finished full basement did not have in ceiling stereo system.  The buyers wanted a media room🤔...tough luck not in this house

its exhausting mentally & physically!  Here's the kicker a couple with 2 young kids bought our house: only criteria they wanted each kid to have a bedroom, back yard to play and good school district..

@151949

Chin up it will sell to the right buyer when you least expect it!.

Valued Contributor

@homedecor1 Yes, the constant cleaning and getting ready for showings and last minute rush.  Then, they don’t show up.  Or they show up hours late when we are already back home.  Or they send a showing request from our driveway...  I could go on and on.  Or they don’t like something that was clearly in our photos on line.  It is very stressful.  

This realtor has done an outstanding job with photos.  The first year, our realtor was awful and so were the pictures. 

I dread the whole process again.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Kcubedwrote:

Every family functions differently.  What is a deal breaker for one family may be a selling point for another.  It is funny that 

Honored Contributor

@Hoovermomwrote:

If that is what they want, it doesn't make them bad people.  When I buy a house there are always criteria that are deal breakers for me.  I am sure the OP has things that she can live with and live without in the new house she is trying to purchase.  That does not make her a bad person.  The right person will come along, love the house, and purchase it.

i agree @Hoovermom.......i dont agree at all with calling the potential buyers "spoiled." some things are important to some buyers. not everyone wants to go into a home and have to redo an area, especially if the buyers are older. i doubt it was just ONE THING that the buyers didnt care for, but that one stood out.

just because you see photos of a property or video of a property you never really know unless you visit it in person. what may be a dealbreaker initially could become a deal if they love other parts of the home.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45, I agree. 

People want what they want.  They like what they like.

I wouldn't buy a house with a bathrub.  That doesn't make me foolish or spoiled.  

Honored Contributor

Oh come now, HH, didn’t you have specific needs when picking out your new home?  If feedback like this is making you sick then you’re in for a long haul.  

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

@Hoovermomwrote:

If that is what they want, it doesn't make them bad people.  When I buy a house there are always criteria that are deal breakers for me.  I am sure the OP has things that she can live with and live without in the new house she is trying to purchase.  That does not make her a bad person.  The right person will come along, love the house, and purchase it.

i agree @Hoovermom.......i dont agree at all with calling the potential buyers "spoiled." some things are important to some buyers. not everyone wants to go into a home and have to redo an area, especially if the buyers are older. i doubt it was just ONE THING that the buyers didnt care for, but that one stood out.

just because you see photos of a property or video of a property you never really know unless you visit it in person. what may be a dealbreaker initially could become a deal if they love other parts of the home.

This is so true. You might walk into a property where you love everything and it’s enoigh to overcome the thing you wanted.  

Thr bottom line is they didn’t like the OP’s house enough to compromise on the sink.

Honored Contributor

I don't get the "A tub uses too much water"
 - I turn the hot on full and the cold halfway to fill my garden tub.Then I brush my teeth while it fills. My toothbrush has a 2 min timer so the tub is filling for 2 to 3 min max. My DH turns on the shower - both hot & cold fully and lets it run for 2 to 3 min before he gets hot water - then he is in there for at least 10 min. So I fill the tub with in 3 min and he runs the shower for 12 to 13min. How is the tub using more water?

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't call them spoiled necessarily. It's all in what they are used to, and want or expect. For me, that one sink would not be a deal breaker if I like the rest of the house, but I'm not them. I actually only want one sink. That's one less sink I have to keep clean. Any future home I will be looking for a one sink master bath. However, having 2 sinks would also not make the house a deal breaker.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949wrote:

I don't get the "A tub uses too much water"
 - I turn the hot on full and the cold halfway to fill my garden tub.Then I brush my teeth while it fills. My toothbrush has a 2 min timer so the tub is filling for 2 to 3 min max. My DH turns on the shower - both hot & cold fully and lets it run for 2 to 3 min before he gets hot water - then he is in there for at least 10 min. So I fill the tub with in 3 min and he runs the shower for 12 to 13min. How is the tub using more water?

According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), a full bathtub requires about 70 gallons of water, while taking a five-minute shower uses 10 to 25 gallons. You might argue that very few people fill the tub to the top, but a simple calculation shows that either way, baths use more water.

https://alumni.stanford.edu/get/page/magazine/article/?article_id=28853

i would guess that soaking tubs or jacuzzi tubs use even more water. in the shower i use the most we also have a low flow rainfall showerhead installed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein