Honored Contributor

Feedback we got today on our house

They claimed to really love everything else but can't consider buying it because there is only one sink in the master bath. They said they get ready to go somewhere at the same time and it would be too inconvenient for one of them to have to walk down the hall to the other BR, or have to wait for the sink.SERIOUSLY??? BTW - that second bath is 10 steps away from the master bath - this is a small home. There is a ton of counter space in both baths. 

I am amazed by the spoiled attitude of buyers.

Valued Contributor

Re: Feedback we got today on our house

Good luck to them finding a house that has everything they want already, even down to a second sink.  Are they trying to make you put in the money to do this?  If they really like the house, you'll hear from them again.  They sound like a big pain to deal with.  I hope you find a buyer who's not such a pain.

Honored Contributor

That’s often a concern on House Hunters:/

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 Doesn't that beat all? Good grief ! My dh and I have been married almost 25 years and he refuses to share a bathroom with me. He uses our hall bath as HIS bath. I can't imagine having to get ready with someone right next to me brushing their teeth and spitting in the sink while I put my makeup on. LOL If that's the worse thing that someone can come up with, then good riddance. Hang in there.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am in real estate here in CA.  I am not a RE Agent but on the escrow end.  There are a lot of different deal breakers for people.  Have kids-- larger backyards,  plan to retire in that home--single story, have dogs--no carpeting please, etc.  You will find the buyer that loves and appreciates your home Smiley Happy  It is all subjective. 

My husband and I both go to work at  the same time and we have have two boys that are getting out the door at the same time too, so the double sink may have been a deal breaker for us too, if we didn't want to do a bath remodel right away.  Maybe they have kids too.  My two boys, fight over their bathroom in the moning. so sharing with one of us wouldn't work.

Good luck and the perfect buyer will come along, I'm sure.

Deb

Ps. My deal breaker was a large tub.  Our house we are in is the one I plan on being in for a long time and aIl I wanted was a big sunk in tub Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Prospective buyers always find flaws in the homes they are looking at. This gives them a reason to offer a lower price than the asking price.  

Valued Contributor

You'll find the right buyer for your house, it may just take a little time. My husband and I went through the " double sink" thing...he wanted one, I didn't. I guess I could say "I won" but it was more because we are too lazy and cheap to put the $$ into a reno...he tried to tell me that it would increase our resale value...I told him I don't care about resale...I'm going to live the way I want, not the way other people want

I have a few friends that are realtors...the stories...ugh. People are spoiled, rude and clueless...but then there will be the one who loves your home enough to make an offer...hang in...

Honored Contributor

That there was only one sink in the master bath should have been evident in the photos your real estate agent took and included with the listing information.  

Honored Contributor

Sometimes buyers just don’t care for a home and when the Realtor asks them why, they just can’t put their finger on why, so they make something up.

i doubt a single sink in the master would deter someone if they really liked the rest of the house.

Esteemed Contributor

I blame a lot of this on HGTV shows and the like.  Must have open concept, granite counter tops, walk in closets, the list goes on and on.  You need to go into a house with an open mind and the money you will need to make it your own.  It is unreasonable to think you will get everything you want in a house regardless of the price.