Honored Contributor

Fed up with portable Duraflame "recall issue"...

...and waiting for the instruction pkg to arrive from either Duraflame or QVC for V32316. I called QVC CS again letting them know I still have not received the info. The CS rep was very easy to work with and sent me a return label for me to just box it up and have it sent back to them and I will be reimbursed for everything including S&H. (I will make sure to check that I did though)...

Initially I was REALLY hoping to get the info pkg...assuming I would only have to send the cord and the rest of the unit I could have just added to the trash...making it so much easier. However, I was sick of passing by it in the garage every day getting into my car or going out and feeding the birds.

So I found a box in the basement to use (not the original) large enough for the heater and crunched a lot of paper to keep it free from damage

LOL...how funny is the thought of protecting something from damage that shouldn't be used in the 1st place...the irony of it all {#emotions_dlg.laugh}.

Well, it's all packed up in the car and will be shipped back to the Q in the morning!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Fed up with portable Duraflame ""recall issue""...

I too am waiting for the promised return instructions. If they do not arrive by tomorrow, I will call CS and request a pre-paid return mailing label. Luckily, for some reason I saved the original box. I am not happy, however about having this item in service for less than too months. Sure could have used it these past two weeks.

Trusted Contributor

I was tempted to order one of these when it was presented a while back.........and I'm so glad I read some of the reviews and decided not to. A lot of people complained that the units were noisy or that they ""died"" after a few months of use. And now these problems. Glad I dodged the bullet and didn't buy this less-than-first-quality product.

Honored Contributor

Susan Louise, I bought the last TSV Duraflame heater that was offered in the fall. I have not been notified of a recall. The item number you provided does not pull anything up. I am sure it has been removed from the inventory. Can you tell me what the recalled item looks like? Thank you.
Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2014 Tissyanne said: Susan Louise, I bought the last TSV Duraflame heater that was offered in the fall. I have not been notified of a recall. The item number you provided does not pull anything up. I am sure it has been removed from the inventory. Can you tell me what the recalled item looks like? Thank you.

Hi Tissyanne,

It looks like the Q removed the info for it on their website, so I attached a link (below) for another thread about the portable heater and there is an image in the thread someone added to their post that will be helpful...

LINK

Honored Contributor

Susan Louise, Hi, thank you. I purchased a different Duraflame. I am always in the room when it is on, but will be extra diligent now..
Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2014 Tissyanne said: Susan Louise, Hi, thank you. I purchased a different Duraflame. I am always in the room when it is on, but will be extra diligent now..

Hi Tissyanne, We still have 3 Duraflame heaters...2 are the TSVs from last Fall and one from 3 yrs ago. We still love them and hope they redesign the one we had to return. We liked the portability of it...DH liked to bring it out in the garage to work on our vehicles, so he was very disappointed about us having to return it...

Super Contributor

I still haven't gotten anything in the mail about the return or recall! I am going to box it up and send it back, and just tell them I want a refund due to the recall.

I am hoping that they have someone that is competent enough in CS to do the return the correctly!

Honored Contributor

On 2/15/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I still haven't gotten anything in the mail about the return or recall! I am going to box it up and send it back, and just tell them I want a refund due to the recall.

I am hoping that they have someone that is competent enough in CS to do the return the correctly!

I attached an extra note with info and taped it to the glass front of the heater to explain...and that I had called CS noting that I would get a FULL refund including S&H...HTH. Of coarse, double check and make sure you do once it has been processed Smile

Frequent Contributor

On 2/15/2014 Susan Louise said:
On 2/15/2014 imaclotheshog said:

I attached an extra note with info and taped it to the glass front of the heater to explain...and that I had called CS noting that I would get a FULL refund including S&H...HTH. Of coarse, double check and make sure you do once it has been processed Smile

That is Exactly what I had done also. Taped a big note on it! LOL! And it must of helped, cause like I said in the other thread, I got the full amount returned to me in my account.

Well, at least we got to use it over Christmas, as our little "fireplace", since we don't have one. Kind of like we rented it, for free! LOL! Smiley Happy