Super Contributor

Re: February 18 - How is your home decorated?

This is my plan! I can plan all I want; plan, plan, and plan some more. Now if only the plan would come true . . .

Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 whitelinen said:

This is my plan! I can plan all I want; plan, plan, and plan some more. Now if only the plan would come true . . .

You know, I'm not sure I really like any of the individual pieces all that much, but the overall vignette is so pretty!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I tend to do fall and winter, but don't do every holiday. My nod to seasonal decor other than fall and winter is to change out little things, but I don't put up holiday displays other than Christmas. I have a few bunnies I set around near Easter, sometimes a few specifically Halloween decorations, but otherwise, it's more a change of colors and accessories for me than anything else.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

Actually nothing right now....sort of boring.

But the spring items will come out shortly. Heck, I just put my Christmas stuff away! LOL

Respected Contributor

I have my cold weather accessories out still...wool pillows, warm throws, darker colored linens...and will keep them out until mid-March or April. Easter is late this year on April 20, so the few bunny, chick and egg items I have probably won't be displayed until April 1.

Red-Headed Wench, I'm on your schedule. I only got my Christmas decor put away at the end of January.

Super Contributor

Not much is out at my house. I'm not into knick knacky things, except for a glass snowman that belonged to my sister and a few things that were my mom's. I do have seasonal wreaths above the fireplaces, and porcelain centerpieces that are 4 different colors. White in winter, switch to green for spring/summer. Then gold in fall, red for the holidays until after Valentine's Day. Not very exciting!

Respected Contributor

Snowmen! They certainly fit in with the tons of snow outside.

Honored Contributor

I've already finished decorating for Spring

Frequent Contributor

I have my snowmen and snowflake lanterns out still. I will probably leave them out until Ash Wednesday which i think is March fifth this year. Then i just go back to normal until holy Saturday, when i get out my spring/easter stuff. It is late this year, not until the end of April. I don't have a lot of Easter stuff but what i have is pretty.

Valued Contributor

I just have a few snowmen out, but mostly I have just decorated with lanterns and flameless candles. I have some fillable jars that I am going to fill up with Easter eggs come March. I am sick of the cold. Here we have had only about 5 inches of snow and the farmers are complaining about the shortage of snow. No water in the soil. Maybe a drought. We had the coldest winter that I have ever experienced. Jan. and 1/2 of Feb. the weather didn't get about 20 with lots of days below 0. Now yesterday it was 64 here. Broke a record high. Go figure.