Honored Contributor

One of my favorites is Home is Where the Boat Is dot net.

She has two adorable bichon dogs, and shares lots of tabletop vignettes.

Another favorite is Between Naps on the Porch dot net. 
Her posts are very detailed, instructive and, often, almost exhausting.

I think she was born with a great deal of energy because she does a LOT.

I always wonder how they store all those pretty pieces, too.

@Oznell As you are a blog connoisseur, I was wondering whether you're familiar with one or borh?

Here new chickadee and pine organic bedding Naps just wrote about.

EC936771-36AB-40B9-8D78-72F04EB5B202.jpeg

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite homestyle blogs?

I love both of them! Have been following for years. Trying to think of others I like but I'm blank right now...could be the Chardonnay. LOL!

Honored Contributor

Wow, @GingerPeach ,  I had not come across either of them, except that the other day when I was looking at Christmas tablescapes, I discovered the "Home Is Where the Boat Is" blog for the first time!   Loved her stuff very much, and that Between Naps one looks so good too.  What stunning bedding!  I love it!

I'm way behind you and @pupwhipped .

snapshot.jpg

Let's see, here are some faves of mine.  I like the young Brit, Nicolas Fairford, above.  He lives in Edinburgh and is decorating his new apartment.  Lovely traditional style and lots of lifestyle stuff too, like preparing English teas, etc.

Of course, I love laurelberninteriors.com.   Laurel Bern has the best room photos, and is one designer who can write so well and get her points across.  I feel like I've taken a tutorial, just reading her!  See what I mean about the gorgeous images on her blog, below?

farrow-ball-pink-ground-walls-staffordshire-figurine-fireplace-mantle-queen-elizabeth-loving-cup-mug-royal-doulton-ben-pentreath-and-hall-rugby-street-london.jpg

I think you and I share a lot of her taste....

Oh, gosh,  other great ones are Farmhouse Vernacular,  Simply Home with Sherri, The Painted South.

Oh, and Cafe Design, you would love, @GingerPeach ,  if you haven't discovered her already. 

I will try to come up with some more-- I know these are "retreads" since I've mentioned some of them before!   Thanks for suggesting your two!    

Frequent Contributor

Spoiler
I enjoy the Parisian Farmgirl and the Vintage Bombshell (though she is more about thrifting).  I love Farmhouse Vernacular.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love what you share, @Oznell  Now I've got some good times ahead of me  looking over these new sources! Heart

Thank you for your suggestions, too, @Marceil 

I can't wait to look those over.

Honored Contributor

@Marceil,  I like those two you mention as well!   I had gotten away from "Farmhouse Vernacular" for awhile, when she went "podcast" instead of videos, but glad she's now doing videos again.  I hope they continue to show how they're renovating the upstairs of that great old house....

Respected Contributor

I love homeiswheretheboatis.net.  Even her recipes are terrific.  She simplifies them without taking away any of the appeal.

I've been having a hard time reading betweennapsontheporch.  She has so many advertisements on her site now that I almost can't find the content.  There's flashing videos between the pictures, etc.  I understand the need for monetization and have no problem with a side bar, but when the ads are interspersed with the content, I click off.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach,  how could I have forgotten  GarrettLeChic  as another great blog.  He is a designer as well as youtuber, with very traditional taste--  tufted chesterfields, blue and white chinoiserie, gilt chairs, etc.

Sorry for not putting the actual links, but now QVC has taken to poofing a post or a whole thread that contains a link or video in it--  at least, that has happened to mine.  

But if you just google the names I've given, the blogs should pop up.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

Your suggestions will be the heart of my weekend! Seriously, I love seeing how everyone puts things together. You always learn something new, too, don't you? 

No worries about finding websites.
I'm a very old hand at all kinds of research. I guess this is a brag, but so be it. Being good at research, internet and otherwise, is one of the reasons I got good reviews during my career. 😇

Honored Contributor

I can well believe that, discerning @GingerPeach !