Honored Contributor

Favorite feature of your current home

[ Edited ]

Here in Florida it is so difficult to find a home where the bedroom is not right off the living room. Thus, when you have guests sitting in the living room you can look right into the bedroom. Our home does not have this - the door from the living room opens into a hallway where you turn rt into the master bath or left past our closets into the bedroom. Anyway, from the living room all you see is the hall. 

Another feature I like here is the doorways are all arched, and the rooms are not all square. There are a lot of nooks and divits etc along the walls, little recessed areas etc. When we added crown molding it really accents all those architectural details.

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite feature of your current home

its a rancher......and pretty much these days they dont build ranchers anymore.

such a great layout for a "forever" home.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

My family room and sun room, which are separated by french doors is my favorite inside my home.  Outside, would be my neighbors on both sides and across the street.  They are wonderful and I am so lucky to live right here.  Never any problems and everyone gets along.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I have two:

Our master bedroom closet. It’s huge.  The size of a room. Our old house had tiny closets. 

Our downstairs is fairly open and when we’re in the great room, everything is open toward the dining room and front door. I can be sitting in my chair and see people pulling in the driveway, walking up the porch, etc. I like that most of the house, front to back, is in full view. No hidden stuff. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Respected Contributor

I love lots of things about my house...but I think all the windows, which means lots of natural light, are my favorite thing. We live "remotely" enough that we don't need to cover them, either.

Esteemed Contributor

We own it!!  Mortgage paid off years ago!!

Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

We own it!!  Mortgage paid off years ago!!

Yup, us too!

Honored Contributor

The outside temperature is 78 degrees right now.

Honored Contributor

@brewhaha wrote:

The outside temperature is 78 degrees right now.

Lucky you - it is only 65 here in South Fl. today. Windy too.

Esteemed Contributor

i love the Art Deco designs which is present throughout my home.

beautiful elaborate master carpentry art deco design repeated on window frames and door frames, decorative moldings, on kitchen and built in dining room cabinets, and fireplace mantle.

matching art deco light fixtures with crystal shades from the early 30s through the front half of the house.

leaded glass windows, some arched,  in beveled, shaped art deco designs, even in the cut of the bathroom mirror and two built in, full length mirrors.

small, colorful floor tiles in art deco designs in front hall, bathroom, and fireplace hearth.

and arches!!

arches over the stove, above the shower, the whole entrance hallway is arched, twin built in arched bookcases, arched ceiling in dining room, arches dividing areas, and all done in plaster. not a pre-formed drywall arch or wall anywhere.

what i don't like is the bathroom door is in direct eyeline with the side door entrance.