Esteemed Contributor

Re: Favorite & least favorite wall colors in your home?

[ Edited ]

Nothing with any yellows or even yellow undertones, peaches, lime greens, pastels etc.  No on obnoxious brights like purples, fluorescence greens, pinks, black etc

Yes on basic white, grays, true brown with no undertones of yellows. I'm a white wall throughout the entire house person.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I only use warm colors. My favorite color for trim and woodwork both inside and outside is Sherwin-Williams Dover White. I have used Sherwin-Williams Row House Tan and Townhouse Tan in various rooms in two houses. They are my favorite wall colors. I had them do a 75% mix to get a lighter Townhouse Tan for my kitchen. These colors complement my wood floors, leather furniture, and decorating style. White wooden window treatments complete the look.

We did once buy a house that had red walls in the kitchen. I planned on having them painted, but they grew on me and the color worked with the white cabinets. It is probably a color I would not choose again, but it looked good in that house.

My least favorite colors are cool colors. I do not like any version of gray.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

Just the color I was looking for abt 20 yrs ago  to match a peachy colored toile fabric that I had made into a comforter cover and window treatments .

I  bought several samples of various  paints from companies such as Benjamin Moore  . I had the bedroom painted , however was not completely satisfied with the color .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I prefer off-white / ivory.  

I like a "blank slate" to hang all my mirors and pictures. I don't want my mirrors reflecting a colored wall.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always had my walls painted in off white or ivory in all rooms. Those colors create a good canvas for decorating with my favorite deep colors.  I like the strong contrast.   

Honored Contributor

Neutral.  With accents of blue and shades of blue, and peach.  There will be some navy too in vases, dishes, and  seats pads on the kitchen and dining tables.  

Honored Contributor

I am a one wall color throughout the house kind of girl.

I moved into a new house a few weeks ago.  A new build. There weren't many paint choices to choose from when I was choosing at the builder's design center.  I went with Sherwin Williams City Loft.  It is a really light kind of grey, kind of linen color.  I like it fine, but would have preferred a little darker linen color. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I just an "egg shell" color on the walls since color is in my drapes and upholstery.  The "key" color in my house is blue based red.

Honored Contributor

Cream

Yellow

Sage Green

Chinese Red accents

Lavender

Charcoal 

Peach

Linen

I caved to have our family room painted grey, as I sit here regretting it, it looks so COLD.  Just not a fan.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

Favorite room in my home is my Ralph Lauren red bedroom with white ceiling and crown molding.  It is a large room with loads of light and windows.  Bedroom is tucked away in the back corner of my home and makes me happy anytime I go in there.  Living and dining rooms are colonial blue, white crown molding and ceiling and chair rail.  Neutral in all other rooms.  

No green, yellow or brown. While I like pastels I've never chosen them for my walls.  I'm happy and that's what matters.