Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Room in Your Home

I don't have a favorite room.  A lot of thought and time went into decorating all of them, so there's something about each one that is special to me even though I might not spend much time there.  

Respected Contributor

My favorite room is where my female guinea pigs live.   I get such a joy out of watching them interact with each other.   If you just sit quietly and watch them it's surprising how relaxing it can be.   They get such fun out of the simplest of things.   I put hay into empty toilet paper rolls and they can play with them for hours.   

In my opinion, guinea pigs are the most underrated pets.   They also are some of the most neglected and abused animals.   They are not suitable for a child's pet without complete adult supervision.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

My favorite room is where my female guinea pigs live.   I get such a joy out of watching them interact with each other.   If you just sit quietly and watch them it's surprising how relaxing it can be.   They get such fun out of the simplest of things.   I put hay into empty toilet paper rolls and they can play with them for hours.   

In my opinion, guinea pigs are the most underrated pets.   They also are some of the most neglected and abused animals.   They are not suitable for a child's pet without complete adult supervision.

@J Town Girl 

I love how much you love and care for your guinea pigs....Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

...mRe: Favorite Room in Your Home

Easy one..bedroom

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl,

A corner section of my dining room floor is a guinea pig Ponderosa for teacher daughters classroom pets who will not be returning to school this fall.   

They were about 2 months old when she rescued them and they arrived here in a small cage.   Now they are fenced off in this 6x6 ft area where they have PVC pipe and boxes to hide in, chew toys, balls to roll and bells to ring!   And thanks to Covid, no school this year!   Just great!   

Honored Contributor

i really like the sunroom, family room, and kitchen equally

Esteemed Contributor

@MoonieBaby  It's funny that I happened to read your post.  Earlier I was thinking that it seems to me most posters live in big single homes or, at least, every time a poster posts pictures here, I feel like they live in a big single home.  Anyway, as another Philly rowhome owner, I'm glad to see I'm not alone here!

To answer the question, I like every room in my house.  Each has been carefully decorated to my liking and each has a special place in my heart.  

Respected Contributor

The same here, definitely sunroom.  And for all the same reasons as yours Woman Wink  It's also where the sliders are for access to our deck.  I have 2 recliners, 2 cat towers, tv/stand & LL Bean  3-shelf bookshelf.

Continue enjoying your room.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

Your patio sounds lovely & with the beautiful views.  I don't know your seasonal changes, so just wondering approx. how much longer you'll be able to enjoy this area?

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@J Town Girl 

I love how much you love and care for your guinea pigs....Heart

Thank you.   That is such a sweet thing to say.