Honored Contributor

What’s your favorite room in your home? 

My favorite room is our sunroom. I spend more time in this room than anywhere else in my house. I love being able to look out into the backyard and see the birds, trees, and plants. I have a sofa in the room, but I prefer my chair and a half and ottoman. I can get very comfortable. I can read, watch TV, have a snack, use my iPad to surf the Internet, or just relax and take a nap. 😊😌

Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Room in Your Home

If I had a sunroom, which I don't, it would be my favorite room too.  I do have a nice covered patio with mountain view which I fix up like a living room in summer.  No mosquitoes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

The Bathroom

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I love our library. It has a fireplace with really comfy chairs that are a deep purple and grey stripe. And a square coffee table with a map of the world etched into the wood all around a glass top. A book shelf  unit in dark wood from floor to ceiling with a rolling ladder. I also love our loft. It is airy and light with soft yellow leather recliners with a red lacquer cabinet that the TV sits on. Also has a leather fainting couch with book shelves all on one wall. My room is also a favorite. It has a white washed Victorian style desk with a leopard print chair. A bookshelf from floor to ceiling and an over sized stuffed rocking chair done in a small red and cream floral print. Do you see a pattern here. Yes bookcases in almost every room in the house.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Living Room....I'm, unfortunately, a TV junkie and I like to relax in front of the TV.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Every room has a purpose.  I guess since I spend most of my time in my living  room, it is my favorite.  It is where I go to relax, read, watch TV and talk on the phone.  My Sicilian side of the family always spent time in the kitchen, I always slipped away and headed for the living room, I still do!!!!

Honored Contributor

My Living Room----  I have it decorated with different decor accents which I change for each season, and it makes me happy to be surrounded by some of my favorite things......And it also has two things that are very special to me---thats where my 2 kitties like to hang out.....😺😺

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@wilma 

Our Kitchen.

It's sunny, open and spacious DESPITE being in a Philly Rowhome, it's gorgeous...as is the rest of our home.

I redesigned the home top to bottom when I married my husband.

I needed to make the confused, dark, green carpeted space into something calm, clutterfree and pretty.

It is now and looks bigger, brighter and better. aaaaahhhhhhhh. 

My favorite really is the kitchen, I can see the back patio (also very prettily appointed but not overdone) and out to the living room.

It's a cooly coordinated space and I do love it...now if I was JUST A BETTER COOK...well that's a subject for another day.

Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

For seven months a year, it is the sunroom. My DH joins me there for weekend breakfasts and when he reads (although he's not an avid reader). Then he disappears to the living room which has a TV. 

Esteemed Contributor

In summer it is my living room where I can overlook the gardens.  In winter, it is my family room/den where the woodstove is located.  This is where I quilt and watch tv.  LM