Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Bath Towel Brand

I agree with another poster, Martha Stewart towels sold at Macy's.

Esteemed Contributor

Vera Wang at Kohls, Lands End and Martha Stewart at Macy's.

Honored Contributor

This won't be a lot of help to many people, but I prefer vintage towels to ANYTHING manufactured today or in the last 20 plus years. 

I still have towels I set up housekeeping with in the late 70's and have added many vintage towels over the years from thrifts. 

My most favorite for feel and performance are the Fieldcrest and Cannon from the early to mid 1980's. They wear like iron, are just heavy enough to be substantial but not like today's thick non absorbent towels. 

I buy other towels to match my bathrooms and display, but always end up going back to my many great vintage towels for daily use and performance. 

Valued Contributor

Two years ago I purchased replaced our old towels with new ones from Costco.  I was very disappointed in them.  They are already looking worn and have snags.

I decided to try MyPillow towels during a sale.  I love these.  They are soft, thick and the colors stay true.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to love the Royal Velvet line by Fieldcrest from the 1980s. They were great. Whoever took over that line changed it and not for the better.

The only ones I've really liked since are the fluffy ones Catherine Zeta-Jones offered a couple of years ago. I use mine all the time and they've held up well. Still fluffy and absorbent and good-looking. Maybe a tiny bit of color loss, but nothing drastic.

I'm sorry I don't have any useful recommendations for you, @HonestLife 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I don't buy according to brand .... I'm more interested in the color.  

I just order them from JCP online.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Frontgate Resort towels.  

I will say that I don't like the new extra big bath towels.  I think they call them bath sheets.  I'm short and don't want nor need all of that towel.  I prefer the just regular size but you can't find them anywhere any more.  

Respected Contributor

vera wang towels from kohl's, i have monogramed towels that were a wedding gift-50yrs ago-and they are still nice. i think they are fieldcrest(?).

years ago, kohl's had Laura Ashley towel that are great. i would love those again.

Trusted Contributor

@Neetgal2  I totally agree about the Lenox Pearl Essence towel, best bath towel ever. Can not be found anymore. I was so disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

I found Nestwell towels at BedBB.  They are hygro cotton and I like them except they do shed.......not so much as other brands, but still. I had hygro cotton before and like the weave.

I don't know what the problem is with these towel manufacturers.  Years ago towels didn't shed like they do today.  Maybe for a couple of washings, but now days, they keep shedding.  Maybe when I need new ones, these will stop shedding.