Trusted Contributor

Re: Farmhouse Chic - Are You a Fan?

Sorry, It annoys me when they use the term "farm house look" because it is far from it.  It really is a look like any other, Modern,  Victorian, Homey what ever.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom @sweetee2 @stevieb @vermint @faeriemoon 

If we are talking about rooms that are mandatory gray and white, then “no.”

F0CED634-7469-4C01-9026-1E827E3B3CE5.jpeg No for me

Unless I added SOME color! 

I like Farmhouse Style for entryways and somewhat for baths. I like a uncluttered, clean spaces, so some of the above would have to go.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

24276715-D407-4A76-A1BF-C7FC6D9373B0.jpeg

i do like this one!

@lolakimono 

Trusted Contributor

I like some of the farmhouse in moderation. I have touches of it in my home. All the signage would get tiresome really fast. As far as Joanna goes she could decorate my home  anytime. I think she would decorated according to the clients taste and be awesome at it. Below is a picture of her work that’s not to over the top farmhouse. The room caught my eye because of the placement of the floor lamps. As I read about it, I saw it was Joanna.

5E81BE5D-FB45-44C5-A4CC-F167F9A39D6D.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

24276715-D407-4A76-A1BF-C7FC6D9373B0.jpeg

i do like this one!

@lolakimono 

This one is better if you're into the farmhouse style. That other one just looked cold to me. I'd put some rugs on these floors, and pictures instead of the signs on the walls.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom @ladycos @vermint @sweetee2 @stevieb 

I just bundled them all together. @vermint  the room with the music signage supposedly belongs to Sheryl Crow. But I agree with you...needs so throw rugs.

The one of the living room is more elegant and traditional I like most of it. (Joanna Gaines)

05783985-04E2-4875-9F51-8D6542DB5AC8.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@LTT1 I like the one Joanna Gaines did, too! More "elegant" than I would do, though. I like lots of different styles...though I don't want to live with all of them. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I just googled images to see what it was.  Definitely not a fan!  

Honored Contributor

I do like elements of the current farmhouse craze but not the ubiquitous silly giant clock and I need a good amount of color in the decor.

I’ve seen quite a few of the Fixer zipper shows. I liked the clients that challenged Joanna Gaines to include more color.
Honored Contributor

Like any trend that has been overdone, it has become generic, and unless handled by someone truly creative, can look homogenized.

As one who loves design, I'm always looking for those who express a very personal, individualized aesthetic.  A lot of the English designers appeal to me, because they tend to be quirky.  I love the sure use of antiques mixed with modern, I love color, things from all eras.

My own so-called style is sort of "cottage",  shot through with a few deco and midcentury elements.  I'd like a tiny bit of 'industrial', even, to keep things from being too cloying. 

I can appreciate many other styles though.  Just not so much the ones that catch fire and then get repeated and repeated... and repeated!