Super Contributor

Re: Farmhouse Bath in Two Colors

It looks nice in the photo, but this is what I would consider:

Am I going to be able to maintain the minimalist look, or is my stuff going to end up piled all over, ruining the look?

How am I going to wash my hair in a bathtub like this?

Is the area rug going to get soaked when people get out of the tub? How will I dry it out and keep it from getting yucky and possibly moldy underneath in the warm weather?

There is no place to keep soaps, shampoo bottles or any other bathing necessities. Where will they go? 

I'm not questioning your taste - this is just what I ask myself when redecorating a room. We just remodeled our kitchen from the studs out and I spent more time thinking about the practical aspects than I did on the aesthetic aspect.

Esteemed Contributor

Its a nice bathroom, but not for me. I am a shower only gal.

Esteemed Contributor

I am a huge fan of geometric grids and patterns, but all the lines in this room would drive me crazy!

Honored Contributor

I like the window.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Love the rug and the window... As for the whole bath, I'd need to see the rest... Overall, it's appealing but I actually sort of prefer my bathroom to be, well, a bathroom... with all the modern conveniences... Like a shower... and a toilet... and storage... I like it but I wouldn't want it and I'm not a fan of that black tub... Can take or leave the floor and the wall tile choices...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I like it, very nice. 

Honored Contributor

I love it, I almost bought a claw foot tub when we remodeled our upstairs bath a few years ago, but my husband thought it was too dangerous at our age.

Honored Contributor

What a gorgeous, classic, light-filled bathroom!  Love.

Respected Contributor

Love the claw foot tub. We have 2 of them in our home. So nice for soaking or just taking a bath. I don't care for the rug. We have a thicker, cushier one for our claw foots when stepping out. It looks like there is a shower also to the right of the photo so those that want to use it have that option. We have the shower wands on ours also so washing hair rinsing is no problem.  Like the wall tile also. Plain but goes well with the floor tile.

Trusted Contributor

I wish it showed the whole room - but I absolutely love especially that large window & all the rest that is shown - except I don't like any rug in a bathroom.