Respected Contributor

Re: Fall at the Lake House...

Lovely home with upscale rustic appeal.  I'd probably hang out in the outdoor living room a lot. It looks country cozy. I also like the bar, but it's a little small to be as dark as it is, even for me and I'm all about dark wood interiors.

Honored Contributor

This is a beautiful "special" house with many design elements.

The bedroom is somewhat underwhelming to me.  I would use something like this from Grandin Road.  This bed is handmade.

Arbor Bed

Honored Contributor

Just stunning, even better than I would have imagined from the outside.

That welcoming entry way!   And how fabulous to curl up on that couch in the living room in front of the fire.

A beautiful retreat, both house and setting. 

Esteemed Contributor

As mentioned before, I do like the exterior of this lake house.  The interior is nice but sooooooo not my style.  A nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb  I love the outside of the home a lot. The inside misses the mark for me. A wee bit too rustic and blah. I would change many things if the home were mine. Hey, a girl can dream. lolWoman LOL

I don't know why they didn't add a small sink to the bar area? You could always use a sink.

The outdoor living room is great. That would be my hangout spot for sure. Just wonder how you close it for winter and snow. I don't see any retractable doors or wall.

Thanks for posting. Overall, it is a lovely home.

Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb. I think the home is beautiful.   The interior is lovely although looks more staged than cozy.  I do like the kitchen and entry very much.

Honored Contributor

I like it but not the entry. I would find something else for that area. I would also get rid of the curtain around the bed. Dust collector that I don't want to sleep next to.

Honored Contributor

This looks like the same house from your "Interesting Architecture" thread a few days ago.  It's a nice property, inside and out.

Honored Contributor

Nice pictures, but not my style at all.   

Honored Contributor

That's a beautiful home, but the homeowner seems afraid to use color.