Esteemed Contributor

My dream home!!

Valued Contributor

I love it!  I've often thought that if I had the money to build whatever house I wanted it would be a combination of a fairytale cottage and a Queen Anne Victorian.  I agree that it needs some colorful flowers to cheer it up.  Any other ones to post?  I can't go on Pinterest because it blocks you unless you sign up, which I don't want to do.

Honored Contributor

Beautiful and creepy at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

As an ex-antique dealer, I love anything old.... but as beautiful as the architecture is, I do not get a good feeling from it and because of that I would admire it but wouldn't buy it or live in it .... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Move me in now.  I am a sucker for a wrap around porch and a house tucked back down a lane, let alone one that has a river/creek beside it.  The darkness is perceived due to the colors of the exterior being so woodsy.  The interior is full of light and color from my standpoint.  Also, this looks to be an old home like a cottage in England that is a few hundred years old, so the lack of windows is normal for that area of the world. Windows were small to keep the heat in the house, often with low ceilings to keep the heat from floating away.  It is all part of the charm and history for me.

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Beautiful and creepy at the same time. 

@blackhole99 this response is my first reaction.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fairytale or nightmare?

[ Edited ]

wrote:

I think it would be cozy after the roof was replaced and I would have to get rid of anything that looks moldy or had mildew......I can smell the mold from here. I have a thing about mold and mildew...lit drives my husband nuts. I can detect the least amount.

That isn't mold/mildew but moss.  The area seems to be a place that gets plenty of rain and is wooded, so moss grows.  The exterior is old stones, which is what was used in much of England, Ireland, Scottland, Wales, or the Blackforest/Switzerland areas for some time.  The color of the porch poles is the natural wood they are made of.  The roof looks like shingles of wood or slate, which slate or thatch is typical for England. I like the age it lends it. I am surprised to not see more chimneys since most homes of that apparent age were heated by fire/coal.  The location is supposition, but I've seen a great deal of old UK cottages.  It could be Canada or Oregon/Washington area.  Though the characteristics of the home do lend itself to old England.

Honored Contributor

I'd call it a fun fixer upper!

I would love to go in and like others have noted, turn what looks like a possibly dark interior and tired exterior into a shady and cool, but bright environment. 

Honored Contributor

cant say its a nightmare, but also cannot call it a fairytale.

although it looks nice, the surroundings would make it a very dark home.

i need lots of trees, but also lots of natural light, which this seems to not have a lot of. i would also wonder about flooding with that stream running close to the house.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Looks lonely.I think I would feel sad in that home.