Respected Contributor

Fairy Lamps....Interesting! And I'm jealous too! On the hunt....

I've heard of Fairy Lamps, but didn't know what one was. My step dad got the coolest Fenton candle holder at a garage sale for $5!!!! I was so jealous, I wanted one.

I went on the hunt last night and found out his is a 3 piece Fenton Fairy Lamp. They are gorgeous! The two piece ones are much cheaper, but the 3 piece ones are so much prettier in my opinion.

The cheapest 3 piece one I could find that was hobnail (like his) was $70. I'll look more today. Of course, the one I found was red and it would be perfect in my kitchen.

The history of Fairy Lamps is really interesting. Here is a copy paste:

The first fairy lamp was invented by Samuel Clarke. Clarke was a candlemaker who first patented the fairy lamp in December 1885. The fairy lamp was possibly thus named because of the twinkling effect that the candle had on the top dome of the lamp. Fairy lamps were very common between the 1880s and the 1920s. After the 1920s they fell out of favor, due to the use of gas lamps and electric lights. The fairy lamp ceased production in the 1940s, although the Fenton Art Glass Company resumed production of the lamps in the 1950s.

Read more: What Is a Fairy Lamp? | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6595665_fairy-lamp_.html#ixzz1uqZUlLbi