Honored Contributor

Re: @Faeriemoon, Have I Got a Space For You!

[ Edited ]

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

The majority of those posts elicit nothing but negative comments, @lolakimono

"Not for me."  "I'd never live there."  "Who would ever love that?"  "Too xxxx for me."  "Really bad taste."  And those are just a few that are posted over and over again.

Surely you're aware.   I don't see much discussion, if any.  

I used to enjoy looking at them but I don't even open them up, for the most part, any longer.  They've become overwhelmingly negative.  

Your titles are clever.   I said nothing about the titles.  It's the content that seems unbalanced.  

@GingerPeach.  I enjoy her threads. I see a lot of spaces I like with some changes. Actually I find a good many of your posts critical and extremely rude to posters on these forums.

I believe you are missing the point.   

Critical and "extremely" rude?  Where and when?   

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach  Your comments seem unfair. If you "no longer open them up" - how do you know if our comments are negative? @lolakimono's posts are some of the most interesting and fun threads around. Always have been. She obviously spends a lot of time and effort researching pieces for us to comment upon. It's fun.

If you don't like it, scroll on by . . . but keep your negative comments to yourself. lola deserves some respect for always taking the high road; no gossip on her threads. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono  Thanks for the invite! Count me IN. Any trip is a good trip, but Europe (especially Paris) is old world charm. Good friends, good food, good wine, good dark chocolate. Ahhh . . . such a grand time. Bring on the strolling musicians!  

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@GingerPeach  Your comments seem unfair. If you "no longer open them up" - how do you know if our comments are negative? @lolakimono's posts are some of the most interesting and fun threads around. Always have been. She obviously spends a lot of time and effort researching pieces for us to comment upon. It's fun.

If you don't like it, scroll on by . . . but keep your negative comments to yourself. lola deserves some respect for remaining taking the high road; no gossip on her threads. 

I do scroll on by.

But I do not believe there is any discussion, as is claimed.  And I have been scrolling on by already simply because almost all the comments are just as I listed.  Negative.  Nothing against @lolakimono since she means well.  I just do not see that those posts have the effect she seems to want.

After all, no one is asking any questions.  No one seems to have any curiosity about these places.  No one is interested in how or why rooms were put together as shown.  No one ever asks of the origin of the pictures.  All people post in response is that they don't like most or all of what is shown in the pictures.  I don't see any point to it.   All they care about is whether something is going to work for them.  

If that's what makes people happy, so be it.   Don't worry, I don't feel it necessary to do anything else other than "scroll on by."  And let everyone else post their own negative comments all day long.  I see you have no objection to that.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono Gorgeous! Love every bit of it! Thanks for posting. 

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono@BirkiLady@nrm@proudlyfromNJ

Ok...it is a deal! I will be happy to join you all there!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach  Sorry I told you to scroll on by. I honestly thought you knew what this Forum was about since you've been on these Boards much, much longer than me! It just dawned on me that you apparently didn't have a clue why Lola posted these pictures and we simply comment. So, I'll explain.

Lola is a teacher. She posts photos (from magazines, I assume) for our comments only. We don't know anything about the photos (nor do we care). It's simply fun to help her by providing opinions and, often, suggestions or ideas. We are like pretend customers with various tastes, ages, needs, lifestyles, etc. 

The day you commented, another poster had just bullied me. This place was my secret happy place where no one ever complained! You simply hit me at the wrong time. My nerves were already frayed. I didn't dream anyone would interfere with our fun! My apologies for a rude response that day. 

Honored Contributor

Sorry I haven't been participating the last couple of days, but I'm not home right now.

But I just had to chime in and say that @lolakimono posts these wonderful pictures for us to look at.  We (or I) often respond with just one word, or an emoji or something, but that's just how we roll unless we have some real attachment or useful criticism of the space she is featuring.

That's just how these threads "work."  We all love our lola!!!