Respected Contributor

Fabulous idea - paint samples!!!

[ Edited ]

Samplize dot com.  They make a peel and stick 12x12 paint sample in the color of your choice if you use Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams or Farrow & Ball.  Pick your color and they ship it to you.  It's $ 6.00.  No messy paints!  It's a fabulous idea.  I, just, ordered a sample for Sherwin Williams "Mink".  How easy can this be!  Website has a video as well.   Wonderful if you are unsure of what color you want to paint your walls! Easy peasy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Fabulous idea - paint samples!!!

@Somertime wrote:

Samplize dot com.  They make a peel and stick 12x12 paint sample in the color of your choice if you use Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams or Farrow & Ball.  Pick your color and they ship it to you.  It's $ 6.00.  No messy paints!  It's a fabulous idea.  I, just, ordered a sample for Sherwin Williams "Mink".  How easy can this be!  Website has a video as well.  Easy peasy!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I read your post, I started lookimg at my walls.. I would think that you would need a lot of these.. I love the idea, but I think it would be very costly. do you?

Honored Contributor

@coffeegal ...the samples are for determining what color you want to paint the wall, not to cover your walls.

I purchased for $6.00 a nice size sample container of paint from the Sherwin Williams store, but I was pretty certain that was the color I wanted.

Respected Contributor

@coffeegal   It can be painted over.  I don't think you can go wrong for $ 6.00 and free shipping.  If you order a paint sample from Home Depot, etc., it's close to $6.00 and then you have to paint it on the wall.  This way, you peel it off and don't have to live with the paint sample painted on the wall.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Great idea!

Speaking of paint we usually buy a medium grade...not the cheapest or most expensive...something in the middle.

We just finished painting my son's old bedroom.  I went with a neutral ivory (over what was a pale light blue and one accent royal blue wall).  In the past I've used Ben Moore and loved the quality of their paints.  I don't know why I went with Sherwin Williams this time but I was not impressed with the quality of the paint....poor coverage!  It look three coats of ivory to go over pale light blue!

Next time I plan on using Benjamin Moore again!

Honored Contributor

You can buy those peel and stick sheets at Home Depot along with the samples.

It's been a while since I bought a sample but I know it was less than $6.

Honored Contributor

@haddon9 ...we have not had issues with Sherwin Williams and that is what was used to paint the outside of our home - that was the only brand the painter uses....everybody has a favorite.

Trusted Contributor

@haddon9  @Mom2Dogs  Each major paint company makes all different grades of paint.  You can't compare, for example, the best grade of Sherwin Williams to the cheapest grade of Benjamin Moore.

Most people don't realize this.

Many professional painters use the lesser grades but use the sales pitch on their customers,  'I ownly use Benjamin Moore.'

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 , I hear what you are saying about grades....the paint on the outside of our house was Sherwin Williams best paint...needs to be or the paint contractor would not be business long if he used the low end paint...we have a left over can, so I know exactly what he used and we checked out the quality before he got the job.

Trusted Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   I didn't say or infer that your contractor duped you.  I was speaking in general terms only, since you and @haddon9 wer discussing the difference between two brands, but not grades within the brand.  Sorry if you took it that way.