Honored Contributor

Re: FORMER PRESIDENTIAL SUMMER WHITE HOUSE IN SAG HARBOR NY

Beauty of a house!  The cheap modern furnishings really take away from the interior.

I am the odd man out because when I shop for a home I dont want furniture in it.  I want to imagine what my furniture will look like in it and am already planning to paint.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

My goodness!  Why did the owners even purchase a hystorical home to make it look like every other large expensive apartment or home?

To restore this home with some hystorial influence would have probably cost less, and of course another white/beige home.

There isn't a single piece of furniture I would save if I bought this home.

Honored Contributor

uh oh....I didn't even know there was a President Arthur.Woman Embarassed

Respected Contributor

Never have felt I could love a home just for its exterior, but in this case, I think I could. Besides, the interior could be lovely with a little work, too. 

Honored Contributor

I am in the minority and like the outside and inside of this beautiful home.

I would change the furniture in the Living Room, add some greenery to the Sun Room, and keep the Kitchen as is...I love it.

Honored Contributor

I really like the exterior. Not a fan of the interior design choices. I would prefer more traditional furnishings with some color. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell I like both the outside and inside of this home. The inside has a modern look, and feel. I think keeping the interior "de-personalized"  is essential. It allows the potential buyer to envision the home as they would have it. 

The kitchen has potential, but the shelves do not work for me. The floor is also an eyesore in my opinion.  While I do not like bench seating I do think it works in the sunroom.  I love all of the windows. It appears to have a beautiful view of the garden. 

Honored Contributor

Pretty old house in a lovely setting but agree, the interiors are so very unfortunate.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Oznell is spot- on with her comments, as usual. The outside holds such promise. Inside is a different, uninviting story.  One glaring omission inside is the lack of artwork. There is nothing on the walls, other than the first room, and that doesn't meet my definition of art. Some wall art in keeping with the time period of the home would bring some life inside.