Honored Contributor

Re: FOR THOSE WHO BOUGHT THE LUMINARA TSV

Luminara 18 Hampton Indoor Outdoor Lantern with Flameless Candle & Remote - H207663

Anyone getting this Luminara lantern?  H207663

I like the Bronze and Coral.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Luminara 18 Hampton Indoor Outdoor Lantern with Flameless Candle & Remote - H207663

I am so loving the Bronze.  I'm trying to be good because I bought 3 of the TSV's last week. 

Honored Contributor

@Pecky  I like this one, clean lines but a little more interest in the shape of the lantern.  I'd like the coral and my favorite color in a lot of items, Bronze.  Good luck being good,  @Pecky.  lol

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I am so loving the Bronze.  I'm trying to be good because I bought 3 of the TSV's last week. 

This is not at all they style of lantern I buy, and I think that is why I'm attracted to it. I would love these for outside this year, but when I put two in my cart, then looked at the total, I backed out. 

If I had more money right now, I'd get them in a heartbeat. But with all the other new things I got recently, I'm trying to behave myself.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio  I agree with you about not buying this style of lantern as I usually like them a little more ornate but the shape of this one gives it some character, don't you think?  I'm sure they will be around for awhile so it isn't like we have to hurry up and buy.  I need time to think before getting any more lanterns or anything else. 

Enjoy your new curtains.  I know it looks reall pretty.

Trusted Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  If you get this lantern it will renew my faith in 'backorder'.  lol  

@lucymo  The slate and the red lanterns arrived.  The slate has a long scratch across the front of the top, and a scratch on one pane of glass, so back it goes, but the color is very nice.  So far, I see no defects on the red, but it is so large and I am so short, lol, I probably pulled a muscle again just lifting it, I will have to inspect it carefully, and will need DH's help to install the batteries due to the size and weight of the 25."  There are a few dimples on the top of it, but for where I plan to place it, they won't show.  Still, there should be no defects in the lanterns.

I just cancelled the Ivory.  After seeing them and the issues, just did not want to go through the hassel of maybe more defects, but since I was able to cancel, at this point, tells me that if it was in process, it was iffy.

I ordered and received 3 of the TSV's, 12" in slate & red and 16" in slate.  Both slate lanterns are perfect, but the red arrived with 2 dents in the top edge, so that metal edge is wavey, like a pie crust edge.  Luckily it's the back edge so doesn't show when lantern is displayed.  I'm keeping it--too much hassle to pack up & return and then maybe never receive a replacement.  But you're right--these lanterns should be defect free.  Maybe way too much mass production?  I'm also wondering about the rust issue.  Lantern is open on top so rain would get in, and I live in a high humidity state.  Bought the 16" to use outside, but I'm rethinking that.

Honored Contributor

@CJC wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  If you get this lantern it will renew my faith in 'backorder'.  lol  

@lucymo  The slate and the red lanterns arrived.  The slate has a long scratch across the front of the top, and a scratch on one pane of glass, so back it goes, but the color is very nice.  So far, I see no defects on the red, but it is so large and I am so short, lol, I probably pulled a muscle again just lifting it, I will have to inspect it carefully, and will need DH's help to install the batteries due to the size and weight of the 25."  There are a few dimples on the top of it, but for where I plan to place it, they won't show.  Still, there should be no defects in the lanterns.

I just cancelled the Ivory.  After seeing them and the issues, just did not want to go through the hassel of maybe more defects, but since I was able to cancel, at this point, tells me that if it was in process, it was iffy.

I ordered and received 3 of the TSV's, 12" in slate & red and 16" in slate.  Both slate lanterns are perfect, but the red arrived with 2 dents in the top edge, so that metal edge is wavey, like a pie crust edge.  Luckily it's the back edge so doesn't show when lantern is displayed.  I'm keeping it--too much hassle to pack up & return and then maybe never receive a replacement.  But you're right--these lanterns should be defect free.  Maybe way too much mass production?  I'm also wondering about the rust issue.  Lantern is open on top so rain would get in, and I live in a high humidity state.  Bought the 16" to use outside, but I'm rethinking that.

@CJC  I think if I wanted to use it outside, I would take it out while there, then bring it back inside until I needed outside again.  It should be under cover, not exposed to the elements, in my opinion.  The red I kept will be inside always, as I have some wonderful lanterns bought at Home Goods that I will use on the deck in summer, but bring in if the weather will be bad.

Respected Contributor

I didn't want to start a new thread regarding my issue;  anybody annoyed at the little thin "thingy" that is a thin clear rubber ring intended for surrounding the battery compartment???  I can't get it back in it's location after I put the batteries in, so I throw it out & the batteries fit & function just fine.  Anyone know what I am talking about?  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BornToShop wrote:

I didn't want to start a new thread regarding my issue;  anybody annoyed at the little thin "thingy" that is a thin clear rubber ring intended for surrounding the battery compartment???  I can't get it back in it's location after I put the batteries in, so I throw it out & the batteries fit & function just fine.  Anyone know what I am talking about?  

I know exactly what you mean.  That silicone O-ring is meant to make the battery compartment waterproof.  It's the same ring as was on the TSV set I bought last year.  Luckily, I'm only planning to use mine indoors so I threw the O-ring away after I tried a long time to get the battery compartment closed with the O-ring in place.  I don't know what you do if you plan to use the lanterns in an area where they might get wet.

Honored Contributor

I was very luck that all 3 of my slate lanterns are perfect.  I don't plan on putting these outside but if I did, I would definately bring them inside to avoid any issues.