Esteemed Contributor

Re: FLORIDA WATERFRONT HOUSE

It's a little too much farmhouse chic style for me but I surprised myself because I actually like it.  There are a few things here and there I'd change (wallpaper, etc.) though.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Do not like all the charcoal and black throughout the house....needs color!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  Resurrecting this one to note that apparently this layout has been making the rounds. I recently saw a spread of this same house, though without quite as many pictures, in a magazine I picked up. Have to say. the house, to me, reads better in the layout. Maybe the pictures are sharper or more glossy, who knows, but upon seeing the layout it's clear there is much that's appealing here... I still am not loving all that charcoal but there are actually a few more vibrant touches of both color and lighter tones in the predominently blue and grey rooms than show up on line... Either way, it's a nice home, even if 'coastal' is not on my personal radar...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Between the location and all the gray color it lacks appeal for me.  

Honored Contributor

@Oznell
I love the dark walls! Overall love it. Love that bedroom, also.

But: needs many more live plants in the living areas - will add more green and more color. Don’t like the stark white bathtub with a blank slate of white and beige all around it. Not inviting.
Honored Contributor

@Oznell 

I really like this and it surprises me a bit with all the gray. I think I’d be happy there. 

Honored Contributor

I love the house.  

I think the designers used just enough gray.  It especially sets off that mirror and chest in the entry, and the use of it in the higher portions of the living area look terrific.

Lest anyone forget, gray is an ocean color, too.

I trust the owners will bring in colorful flowers from time to time and maybe even change the rug in the living area to something with warm tones.  Maybe at Christmas?

I never see these designer homes as the final, final.  We never get to see the personal touches the owners bring.  I doubt they live in homes as sparse as some of them appear.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

I don't know how I missed when this was first posted.  

This is one gorgeous home.  There's not one room that I dislike.  There's very few changes I would make & yes those chandeliers being one of them.

All of the wallpapers are subtle in design, but make a statement as well.  I love the grass cloth in the master bedroom.  I had something similar in my living room years ago until kitties began clawing it.  The color scheme is one that isn't boring.  Nice compatible colors in each room to break up the white/blue/charcoal.   

Overall, this home is just so bright, airy & I would think appealing to most people.  

Thanks for posting this @Oznell 

Honored Contributor

The gray reminds of chalkboards @Oznell .

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, that it does, @lolakimono -- quite appropriate for you!

I also think of the rich charcoal background of a man's fine wool pinstripe suit....