Honored Contributor

Re: FLORIDA WATERFRONT HOUSE

[ Edited ]

Nice house, nice spaces, some nice elements (and some not so nice, like the awful hanging fish), but that sure is a lot of grey... And sorry @Oznell but be it 'dove', 'charcoal', or 'battleship' it's still grey... And there's too much of it...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Ha, no, @stevieb, and dissenters, I must differ!  As a "Summer" who can wear light dove gray, but must avoid black, and charcoal, at all costs, in this case, intensity makes a difference.  They're in different ballparks, I think.  It's called "Wrought Iron" because it's sort of a 'black variant'-- interestingly, there's a tiny bit of brown in the formula, that softens and mellows it, and keeps it from being too close to "jet".

The other reason, besides strong Florida sunlight, that I think it works, is that they've paired it with so much white, in the wainscoting, etc.  In my opinion, it gives character to a house that if only white, would be too generic.  Another dark shade that I think would work great is navy.

Of course, being a color afficionado, those quirky little bedrooms are my favorites...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell I will agree the colors in the bedroom are preferable... Had they used charcoal in smaller doses I too might have liked it but I maintain that for me, they simply went overboard... the walls, the island, many of the furnishings... Just too much... I also agree that I wouldn't have liked it any better had they gone all white... Tired of that aesthetic too...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Overall, I like the esthetic and design elements, but I would prefer a lighter grey in some of the rooms and a little more color pops throughout the interiors!

Valued Contributor

Love the kitchen. Gray is trendy now but I am not a fan. I live in South Florida on a lake. I have never seen an alligator here.Ducks, egrets, anhingas, raccoons, lizards, snakes. And, a bear, oh, my.

Honored Contributor

This is a lovely appealing house in many ways and I do love it.  However, I wouldn't have that much gray as I am not a fan of that color.  Other than that, it is fine for me!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the house, but not the decor.  My taste is more contemporary, and I'd like to see other colors.... I like the suggestion of more ocean-like colors, but others would work as well.  Also, if I was going to have the dark/light theme, I'd put the dark on the bottom, light on top.  It would be more balanced that way.  (Dark feeling heavy, light, well, light!)  

Honored Contributor

Good point, @ItsME!

Respected Contributor

This home reminds me of a house we rented in Florida years ago. It was on an inland waterway. Many birds just floating by. It had a room that was darker gray. I liked it. My husband not so much. The house was for sale and we knew the realtor. Oh it had a loft bedroom.

Respected Contributor

Beautiful touches throughout but while I can admire the artistry, I need a home that feels cheerful. The bedrooms were bright spots. I could never live in a home with that much grey—it’s like the house is in perpetual mourning.