Honored Contributor

I was doing some idle getting-dressed-TV-watching, and Flip or Flop Atlanta is on HGTV right now.  Rats, have to leave but luckily there's a string of them all together which I will record.

I like HGTV's old "makeover" shows the best, but this one seems like it might not be bad?  The renovating couple seem pleasantly low-key, at least I haven't seen any stagey bickering in the few short minutes I've watched....

Anybody like this show?

Honored Contributor

@OznellHaven't seen it, but I, too, am watching lots of the makeover shows as I get closer and closer to making the final decisions for my makeover, so thanks for this headsup.

I love Jo Gaines' style (suspect she and I might share a color palette) but I dislike the silliness so much, most often I watch the house hunts and then do chores until they show the makeover.

Good thing HGTV runs commercials -  that's time enough for me to check the local weather station or to look at QVC.

Honored Contributor

I like the Atlanta Flip or Flop show.  Agree it is low key, no fake drama, no bickering.  The other Flip or Flops should take a hint from them.  I like their style too.  I had to Google their names - Ken and Anita Corsini. 

Capture.PNG

Esteemed Contributor

I like their design style but, overall,the show is a little too bland for me.  I don't like the staged drama either but they do need to pep it up a bit.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I like the show.  Its one I record.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Re: FLIP OR FLOP ATLANTA?

[ Edited ]

I like most of the new flip/flop shows. Not a fan of Christinas coastal show tho---she bugs me. But like to watch the couples that are nice to each other. there is one called Zombie Houses that is a pain--3 guys and a gal and they are kind of mean to each other and the one in Vegas with the couple and all he does is scream and cuss and is horrible to his wife---I think there are 2 from Vegas. Not into treating people  so badly or cussing up a storm-- 

Honored Contributor

It's good to have feedback on this show, thanks.  Now I'm glad I recorded it!

My top choice would not be a flipping houses show-- I love the old ones like Candice Olsen, etc., where she tailored the makeover to a specific client, and didn't have to stay "generic" in order to appeal to the widest possible pool of buyers...   But I do have cravings for house makeovers of all kinds, and glad to know that this show has potential...

Those earlier days of HGTV were so much fun, with quirky shows and interesting designers.

Super Contributor

I like the Palm Springs and  Atlanta Flip or Flop. Very little drama. I record the shows and just watch the reveals. 

Honored Contributor

Re: FLIP OR FLOP ATLANTA?

[ Edited ]

Ihaven't seen this one yet. What is the name of the one where the couple lives in Vegas, and they are real attractive, younger couple? Also there is one where there is a younger attractive couple, and I believe they are in Palm Springs-anyone know either of these? I enjoy both of them, but haven't seen them on in a while......

Desert Flippers is the one in Palm Springs area, I like that couple a lot and their designs are really nice!

The Vegas couple, I don't always like their designs, but I like them as a couple, and their show is very different because of where they live!

I also like the Nashville one, because they take sometimes a small home and really change it up, not all of the homes they flip are larger ones....

Trusted Contributor

@Mj12   Yes, I like this version the best. Seems more realistic, both seem more business like. No jumping and screeching everytime she sees a bug. They seem more grounded and  and no constant bickering about style or budget, and no high drama or divaish behavior.