Trusted Contributor

Re: FAUX SUCCULENTS IN ANIMAL PLANTERS

@Oznell  It would be hard to pick one, but I think elephant would be my choice also.

If I catch the next free shipping day, may see if it's still available.

Hope you like your elephant.

Respected Contributor

Oh I love the little elephant. Didn't plan on buying anything today. Can't resist. Thanks 

Valued Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Has anyone tried any of the Wicker Park line? How is the quality?  I don't usually get that excited about faux succulents in planters, since they are so readily available everywhere.

But this ram is so cute, and a more substantial size than you often see:

Screenshot_2020-02-19 Wicker Park Faux Succulent in Animal Pots — QVC com.png

M65131
Wicker Park Faux Succulent in Animal Pots

Something about the way his little horns curl back on his head, ha.  They also offer a cute owl and elephant, but for some reason, the ram took my fancy.  Unfortunately, the "jelly bean succulents" are in the ram planter, and to me, they are not quite as realistic as others.  They have a bit of a seam in them, that real ones wouldn't have.

The succulents in the other two animals look a smidge more realistic to me.  I'm probably over-thinking this!

It's funny with faux succulents.  Some are practically fool-proof, and some, just not as good....

I ordered/received the owl... I LOVE IT!!.. the plants look real and the planter is quite heavy and of really good quality, IMHO...I don't know if I'd use it outside, but it looks really nice sitting in my living room... FYI, the plants show no seams at all, like many other faux succulants I have... If I had room for the others, I would order them all.. quite happy with my purchase..

Honored Contributor

Oh, it's great to get your review, @ptagirl --  now I'm even more excited to get my elephant, soon I hope!  Thanks so much for taking the time to report.

Trusted Contributor

You all broke me down.  I caved and went ahead and ordered the elephant.

I actually had both the elephant AND ram in my cart, but the elephant kicked

the ram out.  Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

Ha, ha @yellowrose ! Woman LOL

I think it'll be a harbinger of much-needed spring...

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell  I love the way you talk. Sometimes you use words that 

aren't in my vocabulary....have to have a dictionary nearby when

I read a post from you. Woman LOL  But I love it.  Never too 

old to learn.

Honored Contributor

Ah, you are too nice, @yellowrose -- thank you! 

Honored Contributor

I purchased a few artificial succulents in different clay containers from Pottery Barns about 3 or 4 years ago.  The animal container you featured is cute as long as you had a place for it.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I was thinking about that, @Katcat1 ,  since I have been on a steady "regimen" of thinning out and purging a lot of household non-essentials...

Then I thought, but there's always room for plants!  I love real plants, although we don't have that many.  I wouldn't say our 1910 cottage is "dark" by any means, but there aren't that many big, expansive windows that are conducive to indoor plants..

So on the rare occasion I see a faux plant that strikes my fancy, I'd better grab it, is my reasoning.  Smiley Happy