Honored Contributor

I have several family photos displayed in frames on tables, dressers, and shelves in the bedrooms and family room. I used to have 2 on my piano in the living room, but I moved them elsewhere. I don't particularly like them hung on walls or overlapping & leaning on a mantle, ledge, or against a wall. 

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee,   I absolutely love what you did in your half bath-- it has that quality of being so personal to you, and original!   Love the shadow box quilts too, the interesting spacing, everything.   You are honoring some wonderful loved ones with your arrangement.

Esteemed Contributor

The way they are hung on the dark yellow wall is wonderful.  Don't think I have ever seen that before, sort like a road.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

@SouthernBee,   I absolutely love what you did in your half bath-- it has that quality of being so personal to you, and original!   Love the shadow box quilts too, the interesting spacing, everything.   You are honoring some wonderful loved ones with your arrangement.

@Oznell : Thank you. Mom died when I was 22 . Mom's friend and a very special neighbor helped whenever needed. Grandparents and Aunts. had passed several years earlier. Just so many precious memories.♥️

Honored Contributor

Precious indeed, and irreplaceable, @SouthernBee .

Esteemed Contributor

Such interesting ideas here.  The picture of the group with missing heads has a Norman Rockwell touch to the costuming.  Love the lady with white gloves and little purse!

I have a small collection of tintypes with different brass frames that I attached to a small area of my living room wall.

I have so many family photographs, but I don’t even know who these people are!  I do have copies of my great-grandparents as tiny children, standing on chairs, from the original tintypes.

I also have an arrangement on my living room wall of silhouettes of my two children when they were small.  I bought two large antique oval brass fames, with convex glass, and had their portraits made in traditional black on white.  In between the large brass pieces, I hung an antique long and narrow gold framed antique mirror. 

My little girl will soon be turning 52, and my little boy is 4 years younger.  I will treasure these pieces forever.

Respected Contributor

No family photos on display here.  I have one framed picture of my sister and her two daughters that I just last week put on our TV console.  It was on a book shelf in another room and I decided I wanted to be able to see it.  My sister's health isn't good and this photo was taken in better times.  

Honored Contributor

As usual, your vintage arrangements sound stunning, @PamfromCT ,  and so meaningful.  I haven't many old ones, and none as old as yours.  I treasure the one of a sweet relative in a tiny-waisted, black 'bombazine' dress to the floor, Edwardian accessories all in place--  looks to be about 1910.

I can see why you moved your precious photo of your sister for better visibility, @Bridgegal .    Amazing the effect pictures like that can have on us.... 

Honored Contributor

I don't mind them and in our old house, we did have a photo wall that my husband did really nicely. However, I tend to think sometimes there are too many photos which to me makes it less interesting. 

I prefer photo walls with not a ton of pics, so it looks more streamlined and not too cluttery! I think they can be done very well...