Esteemed Contributor

Re: English Kitchen Dresser Pretties...

to much on display. looks cluttered

Respected Contributor

Charming and pretty! (although I'd be afraid I might chip one of those lovely pieces stacked on the cupboard Lol)

Trusted Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

My that's a whole lotta dusting.

Maybe I'm getting old but that's always my first thought when I see decor like this or huge bathrooms on the HGTV shows. It is very cute and I used to love having it in my home but I have downsized and and my lifestyle and decor is a lot simpler. But that's just me. 

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

My that's a whole lotta dusting.

Maybe I'm getting old but that's always my first thought when I see decor like this or huge bathrooms on the HGTV shows. It is very cute and I used to love having it in my home but I have downsized and and my lifestyle and decor is a lot simpler. But that's just me. 

@KCDiva  I understand fully. I've always been a bit of an accumulator but after facing preparations for the estate sale from hades, clearing out the 40 year accumulation of a relative's home, I'm looking seriously at gradually paring down my own place. I never want to go through anything like that again. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

It's a charming nostalgic collection. I think the pink background highlights the pretty pieces. I don't like clutter, so this isn't my aesthetic.  

Honored Contributor

I love vintage things, epsecially dishes, teacups, teapots etc.....I think the pink cupboard is the perfect setting----BUT just too many dishes and teacups---less would be more....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Several of those cups with gold trim and roses inside look like some my mother had many years ago. I love the display except for the pieces that are stacked and are crooked...that would drive me nuts if I had to see it everyday.