Honored Contributor

Re: Ellens line moving to BBW ??

Perhaps she's trying to expose her ED line to more men.

Respected Contributor

I have 2 of her throws and the quality is surprisingly excellent.  They are so warm and soft.  

I plan to buy more for gifts this Christmas if I can find the same thing. 

Honored Contributor

I laughed outloud when I received my BBB flyer to see ED all over the front cover page.

Didn't buy here, won't buy there either.  ED does not need my money for anything at any price point.

I do buy a lot especially online at BBB b/c I find just what I'm looking for there and love what they have to offer.  I've purchased many new drapes for my home there especially, they offer tons of sizes, colors, styles, designs.  Love their bedding too, bath items - well, I'm pretty sold on most everything BBB offers!

It will not be ED however - ever.

Valued Contributor

I got the same e-mail and what the E-mail said was the line was EXCLUSIVE to BBB...So, I took it as,Ed would only be available at BBB..So, I went to QVC and looked at what was available from Ed and I saw so many items on Clearance..RED FLAG..My best guess..she's GONE!

Honored Contributor

What I found disappointing is that MANY of her items were similar to what other vendors already offered on QVC----throws, candles, patio umbrellas, lanterns, dinnerware and mugs, pj's  ......  I wanted to see more unique and different decor pieces.....

It will be interesting to see if this line continues......the track record with these celebrity lines is they don't last that long on QVC......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I got the same e-mail and what the E-mail said was the line was EXCLUSIVE to BBB...So, I took it as,Ed would only be available at BBB..So, I went to QVC and looked at what was available from Ed and I saw so many items on Clearance..RED FLAG..My best guess..she's GONE!

@Alexa6352 The collection on QVC is called, "ED On Air by Ellen Degeneres."  The collection at BBB is called "ED Ellen Degeneres" and none of the items offerred at BBB are offerred at QVC, hence the "exclusive to BBB" notation.  Many collections on QVC incuding VPH, Home Reflections and Candle Impressions have numerous items on clearance.  It's not necessarily indicative of the line going away; it could mean that they are making room for new inventory.  I don't believe BBB would start a new venture with a failing product line.  Regardless of whether or not she leaves QVC, the addition of BBB proves that the line is a success.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

They do seem to be two separate lines based on content and name.

I agree, though, that the line's presence or absence during the upcoming Christmas in July should tell the tale.  

Honored Contributor

I thought I recalled that the Bed, Bath, & Beyond flyer said ED was only there  .........  I think the majority of her stuff on the Q is now on clearance!

Trusted Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

I thought I recalled that the Bed, Bath, & Beyond flyer said ED was only there  .........  I think the majority of her stuff on the Q is now on clearance!

@Hooty Please read my last post.