Respected Contributor

Re: Elegant Formal Living Room...

This space is absolutely gorgeous. I love the furniture and the soothing colors. The windows are to die for. 

The only thing I would change is the heavy ceiling treatment which I feel is too much for the delicate furnishings. Overall, simply stunning.

Frequent Contributor

Adult version of "Barbie's" house. "PINK"

Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

@stevieb   Oh my gosh, I love it!

@Patriot3  Me too. This picture doesn't do it justice, as it's too small and doesn't show off all the details. It's a very pretty room. 

I agree with you both.  I think it would be perfect in a bed & breakfast.  It's cheerful and serene in my opinion.

Honored Contributor

Not a fan of the pink drapes etc. My husband would have them down in a New York minute.

The ceiling doesn't appeal to me either. Overall, a bit contrived for my taste.

Honored Contributor

I think it is beautiful and love the soothing colors!  If you look at the room is has a very comfortable looking sofa and big plush chairs.  

It has a great table where you could eat, read, or do your paperwork.  To me, it looks really liveable--and yes, it's gigantic, but I can't imagine not wanting to lie on that sofa.

It is beautiful and fabulous, but does that mean it is untouchable and not liveable?  I mean should we win the lottery!   I'd like to live there!  Won't happen, but I'd enjoy it for sure!  LOL!!!!

And to give my husband credit, he probably makes fewer messes in the house than I do, and is a very neat person.  I have to stand up for him on that issue. 

Honored Contributor

I think it's a lovely room but I don't consider it to be elegant or formal.....or even a dining room.

Honored Contributor

To me that table says "library table" not "dining table" although it could be used for that too!  Multi-purpose table!  It would be great for a buffet for a party.

Honored Contributor

i think it is pretty, but not my own tastes in decorating.

we still have a formal living room and dining room, but it still feels nd looks comfortable.

we dont use it for everyday though.

do many people these days still have formal living rooms and dining rooms?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

i think it is pretty, but not my own tastes in decorating.

we still have a formal living room and dining room, but it still feels nd looks comfortable.

we dont use it for everyday though.

do many people these days still have formal living rooms and dining rooms?

@sunshine45  I suspect that many of us who live in 'normal' size houses or apartments no longer enjoy rooms dedicated to living and dining, opting instead for multi-purpose spaces. Those who live in more elaborate and larger spaces probably still opt for formal spaces in addition to actual living spaces...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...