Honored Contributor

Don't much like the wall art, but a nice enough place to sit for a spell over lunch or even just toast and coffee...

nd4.jpg

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: Elegant Breakfast Nook...

That is pretty!  I like the "high-low" mix of the sisal rug with the sumptuous table cloth and vintage chandelier.   So inviting.

I always love creamy walls like that, that are not stark white.  Looks rich against the 'whiter' white of the trim.

Esteemed Contributor

too elegant for me....

Honored Contributor

Too elegant and formal for informal meals.  I can just see the debris from breakfast all over that pretentious tablecloth.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Not my cup of tea. IMO a breakfast nook a little more casual. 

Trusted Contributor

Oh this screams my name...has me written all over it.  Love it!  Thank you for posting this @stevieb  it's fabulous.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Misplaced Parisian  I'm glad you like it. I guess we're the lone rangers, because I like it too... It is a bit formal, but, to me, not so formal that I wouldn't enjoy using it daily for whatever meal I was having... I'd also suggest the formal cloth and table setting could be removed, other than for more dressy meals. Repalced with a more casual cloth and dishes, the room would take on a whole other vibe.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian  I'm glad you like it. I guess we're the lone rangers, because I like it too... It is a bit formal, but, to me, not so formal that I wouldn't enjoy using it daily for whatever meal I was having... I'd also suggest the formal cloth could be removed, other than for more dressy meals, and the room would take on a whole other vibe.

@stevieb  No worries.  I'm accustomed to being a lone ranger.  Smiles.  I'll meet you in the nook and we can decide what we'd like to nosh on.  I'll bring the champagne and do the cooking.  Giggles.  My every day consists of using my cloth napkins, bone china, Waterford crystal and silver flatware.  Celebrate the moment.

Honored Contributor

Hey, wait, then, I'm a lone ranger, @stevieb and @Misplaced Parisian  also!   I said it's great--  didn't occur to me to think of it as too formal.  I like the mood it creates.

Trusted Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Hey, wait, then, I'm a lone ranger, @stevieb and @Misplaced Parisian  also!   I said it's great--  didn't occur to me to think of it as too formal.  I like the mood it creates.

@Oznell  Squeals of glee!  Pull up a chair and we'll decide the menu.  Giggles.  I just received some delish Dragon Eye Oolong tea we can sip after the meal.  It's wonderful.