Valued Contributor

Re: Electric tart/wax warmers

I have several of the wax warmers from Walmart (BH&G). The large ones are 15.00. I looked at the Black Friday (actually Thanksgiving day) (and Friday while supplies last) ad from Walmart and you can get a package of 3 warmers and 4 pkg. of wax cubes for 14.96. It is a box set so you don't get to choose warmers or fragrances but even so, that is a great price. I won't be one of those Thanksgiving shoppers (that is a time for family in my opinion and I hate that people have to work retail on that day) but if you are one that shops on Thanksgiving, it is a good deal.

Occasional Contributor

The electric tart warmers can come in different wattages (if that is a word). The highest wattage ones I have are from Candles from Victoria (CBV) and they are 24 watt. The Glade warmer is 20 watts. I know Victoria said that she can't get 24 watt warmers anymore, so she now sells the 20 watt warmers. I know that harder wax doesn't melt as well in a low wattage warmer. Recently, Victoria did reformulate her wax and it melts perfectly in the 20 watt warmer. Probably 99% of my wax does come from CBV, but I did pick up some Sonoma wax cubes at Kohl's recently and they also melted with no problem. So, my suggestion is to make sure the warmer you get is at least 20 watts - that seems to work great with everything I melt - and I have 3 warmers going daily.

Valued Contributor

I have bought electric ones from Yankee Candle but always dislike that you only get one dish with them and once that's gone (or you want to change scent), it's a complete pain.

Now I mostly use a $5.99 candle warming plate from BBB and I bought ten $1 Pier 1 little china sauce dishes so I can have several wax scents on the go.

Respected Contributor

It's not a hard to change the wax in the ones with the little too bowl...just let it cool a bit,pop the bowl in the freezer,and it will slide right out in one clean piece.If it's a new only one or two meltings, I might just save that bowl-shaped wax and 're melt it. I change scents a lot.
Esteemed Contributor

For the last 15 years I have purchased & made my own tarts to use with tealights. Then I went to an electric warmer & BHG wax melts. Now I only use Scentsy. Their wax throw is awesome & one cube will last 60-80 hours. I found several Scentsy warmers at a second hand store & one at a yardsale. It's all I will ever use now.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you reminded me of Scentsy. I burn through tarts like crazy and it seems like they are not lasting long at all.
Honored Contributor

On 11/17/2014 birkin baby said: It's not a hard to change the wax in the ones with the little too bowl...just let it cool a bit,pop the bowl in the freezer,and it will slide right out in one clean piece.If it's a new only one or two meltings, I might just save that bowl-shaped wax and 're melt it. I change scents a lot.
Actually, I've found if you'll just put the tip of a knife under the wax, it'll pop out without the freezer routine. If you have the crockpot style, give it a spritz of PAM to get the wax out easily.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/21/2014 Reba055 said: I'm glad you reminded me of Scentsy. I burn through tarts like crazy and it seems like they are not lasting long at all.

That was my problem, only getting a couple hours. I went to a little store last week to deliver a hat & she was burning Scentsy. She only uses one cube every 5 to 6 days. Eight come in a pack. In my small town there are about 10 Scentsy ladies & they sell open stock so you don't have to pay that shipping fee. And a wonderful throw.

I stick my warmers in the freezer for only a minute or two & the wax pops right out. Because of the oil I don't need Pam.

Super Contributor

Last year Walmart had some really nice ones. I was given one. It has a light bulb in it
Honored Contributor

A mug warmer works.....and some of them have a hi and lo switch

♥Surface of the Sun♥