Honored Contributor

Ekornes Stressless Furniture

We are thinking about replacing our old love seat with two stressless leather chairs or maybe one of their love seats. Anyone have experience with this furniture?
Respected Contributor

Re: Ekornes Stressless Furniture

I'd like to know the answer to this also.

Trusted Contributor

My sister got it and I have to say it is very comfortable and nice. VERY expensive too but they don't have children and entertain a lot. The chair is very supportive and comfortable. I think the sofas feel like the chair but of course you don't have arms on both sides. The high and low back sofa are both comfortable for me since I'm short. I don't remember if the low back would be supportive in the neck area if you are taller.

They got the leather and it is fairly stiff at first but it softens up pretty fast. The color options for leather and wood legs look really nice too.

KJPA
Honored Contributor

I've always been intrigued by them but the different sizes always throw me. Am I a medium or large? If I get a large could only I sit in it or would it fit someone smaller too? Do I have to buy a small and large chair both to have one for two people of different sizes? I always get the feeling you should have one of those measuring things like they have at carnivals that say ""You must be this tall to ride this ride"" only gauged for the chairs. Most chairs just come in one size and most of the time I'm pretty comfy in whatever I'm sitting in so I'm not sure why they do that.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Like papa bear, mama bear and goldilocks, huh, gardenman? Actually I sat in all three sizes, as did my husband, and the middle size was just rightSmiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

LOL Gardenman! You can't both sit in it at the same time anyway so you might as well buy one for each of you. Unless of course you live alone. If you get only one someone is going to feel left out {#emotions_dlg.lol} That said, I don't think you need to buy extras for occasional guests since they don't spend that much time sitting at your home. Do they? If those of you living in the house spend a lot of time in the chairs you better get more than one or get a sofa. And definitely you should both test them out in the store. Our local store lets people spend a long time sitting in them; it's like testing a mattress - they are that comfortable and individual.

KJPA
Honored Contributor

KJPA, do you know how long your sister has had the chairs?
Honored Contributor

A friend of mine bought two of these chairs for her husband and her. They spent a long time in the store sitting on them before deciding. They never sit in them now. They find the couch more comfortable.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau