Respected Contributor

Re: Eating Area With Plants šŸŒøšŸƒ

It's a pretty setting, but it says "bugs" to me Lol.

Honored Contributor

Pretty room but I personally would have a smaller round table with 4 chairs on one side of the room and a sitting/reading area with a small sofa or chairs and a coffee table on the other side.

I would use that pretty area more that way...more bang for my buckWoman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I like the idea, but it's a little too much for me.  I would need to thin it out.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

This photo brought back a not so pleasant memory.  Once, years ago, I was eating at a Mexican restaurant.  It was a chain, but I don't remember the name.  Anyway, there was a row of real plants, situated between rows of booths, to kind of separate the eating areas and for a bit of privacy I guess.  So I was eating my salad when I looked to my right and there was a worm, about eye level, squirming in the dirt next to me.  Needless to say, I lost my appetite.

Then maybe a year or two ago while eating on the back deck at my son's house, a big bug dropped straight down from the deck covering, right into my mashed potatos.  Talk about gross.  I was mad because those potatos were good.

I love nature.  But I have never liked eating outside.  When given a choice at a restaurant, my husband does not even need to ask me.  We eat inside.

@Puppy Lips 

I understand totally. Iā€™ve eaten many a brown bag meal outside on school field trips when I was teaching. Sitting on a dirty picnic table or on a blanket on the ground with bugs all around is not the most pleasant experience. I actually prefer eating inside due to my allergies & asthma which is why I was surprised I liked this room. Maybe the roof and walls would keep most of the bugs out? 

Esteemed Contributor

At first glance, it is very pretty but the longer I look at it, the plants start to close in on me and become overwhelming.  I would remove at least half of them.  Besides, look at all those windows with the beautiful view of nature.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I want this!

Honored Contributor

No that is way too much for me---not a fan of buzzing insects when I eat, with the doors open. A few , ok, but not a hollow  chopped out to eat in.

Honored Contributor

Looks like a rather pretty sort of green house type room. NIce for dining or relaxing and if it's as shady as it appears to be, not to uncomfortably warm, as greenhouses are prone to be...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@PA Mom-mom   ah my favorite, Hyacynthic Bucket!

ā€œIf we couldnā€™t laugh we would all go insane.ā€- Jimmy Buffet
Honored Contributor

Very nice-- a shady respite, @wilma !   I do believe I would remove a few of those lush plants, just to give a bit more airy feeling, and because in that space you still have a view of beautiful greenery outside, so you're not deprived of that.

A charming place to dine and enjoy the outdoors.