Honored Contributor

LOL! Got this from a friends Facebook.

39390588_1903694869653997_168753328098902016_n.jpg

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

Cute!Woman LOL

I often think of thatSmiley Happy-

For anyone who is moving, if you want to really laugh in the midst of the chaos,

Read Dave Barry's-

Homes and Other Black Holes

He talks about how at first you lovingly and carefully wrap everything in tissue and put in the correct box with a neat label (fast forward) til you aare now throwing the cat litter, any trash, old tires etc at random into any box lol!

Plus the more you pack, the more accumulates and you look around to see it looks as though you have never started!

So funny!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Cute!Woman LOL

I often think of thatSmiley Happy-

For anyone who is moving, if you want to really laugh in the midst of the chaos,

Read Dave Barry's-

Homes and Other Black Holes

He talks about how at first you lovingly and carefully wrap everything in tissue and put in the correct box with a neat label (fast forward) til you aare now throwing the cat litter, any trash, old tires etc at random into any box lol!

Plus the more you pack, the more accumulates and you look around to see it looks as though you have never started!

So funny!

What Dave Barry said is so true.  It reminds me of what I ended up doing the last time I packed up our house items (of 30years) to move into a new house we had built on the lot right next door to the old one. 

I started out labeling the boxes so carefully, so I would be able to find stuff quickly when unpacking.  But there were so many, and I was getting so tired, that I just started itemizing a few of the things and then added "ETC" to the end, because I was shoving odds and ends in the boxes, depending on whatever room was leftover.

Toward the end of all this packing I had so many boxes that included "ETC"..  I saw this and couldn't stop laughing at my folly.  What box would I look in when I needed to unpack the "ETC"?  And what in the world was the "ETC"?

I was getting slap-happy, I think, from exhaustion.

Trusted Contributor

So true, I learned that finally after so many attempts at organizing I finally got smart and realized you have to get rid of stuff first, otherwise your just moving things around and putting them in neat piles🤪

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

Speaking for myself, it's probably why I can very easily get overwhelmed.

Today I'm going to clean out under the sink in the main bathroom.

Most I don't know what's under there, I never look because everything ends up ON the counter (I live alone)

So it all should be tossed.

I wonder how much time I'll spend re-locating the stuff?

But I have no other place it can go, now I'm overwhelmed.

I'm exhausted thinking about it.

Honored Contributor

This is both funny and true!

But in reality we can't do it. We need a certain amount of things. What those are and how much varies with each of us, but we still need stuff and to be able to keep it organized.

Honored Contributor

The only way to organize is to get rid of stuff.  That's something I've learned.  

Honored Contributor

@blueroses47-

Oh lol!

I love the "etc."😂

Good one! Exactly-You've got it downSmiley Happy!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

ITA, but there has been many times I wish I would have kept whatever I got rid of.

Can not win.

Honored Contributor

This is why I have stopped acquiring.  Moving things from one place to another doesn't work.  Releasing is the answer....bite the bullet.