Honored Contributor

I thought these salad plates were adorable.  Actually, there is a whole set available of dinner plates, salad plates, serving dishes, etc.  Purchase what you want to make your set. At Pottery Barn.

Peter Rabbit™ Garden Assorted Stoneware Salad Plates - Set of 4

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I believe these are from the Beatrice Potter collection.  Her books about Peter Rabbit contained many animal characters.  In fact I have spring ornaments of some of the animals she wrote about.  

The plates are lovely and decorative.  I actually have four Beatrix Potter plates hanging on a guest room wall as decor.  Thanks for sharing the pictures and if I didn't have the plates I would be very tempted to purchase these!

Honored Contributor

@spiderw  Yes, they look like Beatrix Potter to me also. I have a child's set, small plate,bowl and egg cup I bought at a flea market in London many years ago. I display them on my hutch every Easter. Love them.

Trusted Contributor

These are adorable!  When my son was born, I did his nursery in the Beatrix Potter theme.  I also have some Beatrix Potter figurines too.  I love that sweet little Peter Rabbit! 

Honored Contributor

I love rabbits and have several felted rabbits I purchased on Etsy.  Sadly she has not been making any new creations for a few years.

Honored Contributor

Re: Easter - Peter Rabbit

[ Edited ]

@spiderw   I immediately thought of Beatrix Potter! (I've always thought the unusual spelling of her name is pretty cool)!

Honored Contributor

ADORABLE!

Honored Contributor

I have a Beatrix Potter baby cereal bowl.  I agree that the plates pictured are adorable.  However, I wouldn't be inclined to buy dishes that can be used only for one holiday or a very limited amount of time.  I don't even want Christmas dishes which can be used for a couple of months.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon I have been hosting Christmas at my house since my 24 year old daughter was 2.  At that time I had quite a few guests so my father purchased me a set with 20 place settings of Christmas dishes.  Even though I only use them once a year, they have been very useful.  

Respected Contributor

Mom2Dogs, you're aware that Beatrix Potter passed away in the early 40s?

I'm not sure who took over the designing after that.