Esteemed Contributor

Re: Easiest way to clean wood floors?

@Mominohio wrote:

I like Murphy's Oil soap, and a microfiber mop I bought here. 

This does require water in the sink or a bucket, and wringing out the microfiber pad before placing on the mop head. 

Most of the time I just use water, but once in awhile use the Murphy's for the smell, and it makes the floor shine.

I use the Murphy's very sparingly, I don't rinse, and I always wring the microfiber pad out very well.

Floor dries in less than 60 seconds.

I used to use Murphy's then I learned that repeated use dulls the shine.  So many differing p.o.v's about Murphy's.  I don't use it anymore, but I used to.  I lke the smell @Mominohio.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I like Murphy's Oil soap, and a microfiber mop I bought here. 

This does require water in the sink or a bucket, and wringing out the microfiber pad before placing on the mop head. 

Most of the time I just use water, but once in awhile use the Murphy's for the smell, and it makes the floor shine.

I use the Murphy's very sparingly, I don't rinse, and I always wring the microfiber pad out very well.

Floor dries in less than 60 seconds.

I used to use Murphy's then I learned that repeated use dulls the shine.  So many differing p.o.v's about Murphy's.  I don't use it anymore, but I used to.  I lke the smell @Mominohio.

I think the dulling can happen if used too often or with too much soap in the water. 

I don't use it very often anymore, just water most of the time. 

But I do use Murphy's to wash walls every winter, and do all my wooden furniture with it at that time too. The smell reminds me of my childhood, as my mom used it too!

Honored Contributor

I have a question for the Bona users about the Bona spray.

Do I start with a wet mop or a dry mop?

I have a microfiber mop to use with it but it says to rinse the mop as it gets dirty but I'm not sure if the mop is supposed to start off damp or dry.

Thanks.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I'm in the same situation.  Just moved into a home that has hardwood flooring in kitchen, family room, living room, dining room and hall bathroom.  I also use the Bona system but first you got to wipe up and get the dirt and dust up.  I do either two things:  I have dust mop for the floor and/or vaccum.  I have the Shark that has the special attachment for hardwood floors.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you all so much for your replies.  So much good information. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks to all of you who suggested the Bona floor cleaner.  I finally had a chance to try it out tonight and I'm a fan.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

I agree Bona is the best. Just spray and use one of those micro fiber aslett mops.