Trusted Contributor

Easiest way to clean wood floors?

I am now living in a house with lots of wood floors and wondering what is the easiest way to clean them?  I have health issues and can not get down on my hands and knees.  Any easy recommendations that don't involve a bucket and water?  TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Easiest way to clean wood floors?

[ Edited ]

When I've had them, I mostly swept and damp mopped. You know they do sell upright electric hard floor cleaning machines. I've had one for years but I have carpet now and I don't find it worth it to drag out just for the kitchen. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bona hardwood floor care system.  Available on Amazon for under $25.  It's a mop system.  And Bona is the best for hardwood, IMHO.

I might also add that I have an iRobot robotic cleaner for hard floors.  It's about $250-$300, however.  But I love mine.

Super Contributor

A friend recently introduced me to Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner, it's like magic.

Respected Contributor

@itsmetoo wrote:

I am now living in a house with lots of wood floors and wondering what is the easiest way to clean them?  I have health issues and can not get down on my hands and knees.  Any easy recommendations that don't involve a bucket and water?  TIA

Never clean your hardwood floor with a mop and bucket.  Bona is the very best.   It's a microfiber push mop with spray.  I also have a an electric Sharp cleaner and use the Bona cleaner in that.  I always vacuum my floors before I clean them.  I love my hardwood floors and would never go back to carpet.  I do have runners and rugs on my hardwood floors, too.

Respected Contributor

I use a spray bottle with a bit of vinegar, tea tree or lavender essential oil, and water with a microfiber cloth tucked into my Swiffer head. I just spritz and mop. If it is really dirty, I use a scrub brush/green scouring pad after letting the spot sit with the spray on it a bit. I don't go at it heavily, but let the solution loosen the grime and buff it free.
Honored Contributor

Broom & dust mop

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use a Haan steamer and if the floor is quite dirty, I spray first with Bona cleaner. This gets the floors very clean. 

Honored Contributor

You may try a couple of ways before you find the perfect one for you.

Try one of those spin buckets with a microfiber mop.

You spin out all the water and damp mop

You can put a very small amount of cleaning solution in the water or spray the floor lightly and mop immediately.

If you have ceiling fans, turn them on so the floors dry quickly

@itsmetoo

Honored Contributor

I damp mop my laminate flooring with water and a splash of vinegar.   Even tho we wear shoes inside the house, the floors do not get that dirty.   I use a steam mop on my ceramic floors.