Honored Contributor

Re: Earth Toned Natural Light Kitchen

I love it, and for a small kitchen that skylight does save it from becoming too dark......It is a small space, but uses that space wisely......I too, would throw a nice bright rug in front of the sink for a bit of color....

Respected Contributor

@DREAMON   I agree.  Would pefer the cabinets be done in one of the mid-tone shades of the floor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting and somewhat appealing, but I'd probably have to take a pass,  given the too dark for me lower cabinets.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Just give me a pillow and I could stay 24/7 in that kitchen.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@lolakimono 

I like everything but the skylights. To me, they're like popcorn ceilings, something from the 70/80's and they rarely get cleaned (usually) so they always appear water and debris stained. Nice pic other than that. 

I agree. Hate sky lights. The idea is cool, but in practicality they are always filthy and with drones now, anyone could be looking down into them. No thanks

Honored Contributor

I like this too. Love the sky windows in a kitchen for sure! I like the colors in the floor tiles too as well the design. Not fond of the color of countertop but I think it would be much better looking with lighter cab's papinted like a sand - pick a color out of the floor.

Honored Contributor

I like everything except the floor.  I have a wood floor in my kitchen with a runner at the sink.  The wood is as nice today as when they installed it; no water damage and it's so easy to clean.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

loving this

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

Not in a million years. Depressing.

-Do Not Copy Pls-
Honored Contributor

Goodness.  All that brown.  Brown floor, brown countertops and brown cabinets.  Yuck.  I hate the floor.  The countertops need to be a light shade and the floor would look better in a light shade to make the room look bigger.

kindness is strength