Esteemed Contributor

Re: Earth Toned Natural Light Kitchen

I'm torn between liking and not.  The cabinets are too dark for as small of a space that it is, but I really like the floor, countertop and windows.

Respected Contributor

I really like the counter top and the floor.

Esteemed Contributor

It's beautiful.  However, I'd feel claustrophic.  My kitchen is tiny but is a little wider than this one so I don't feel so closed in.  Also, I prefer upper cabinetry but then it would feel even more claustrophobic.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I adore this kitchen!!!

Honored Contributor

It's good use of limited space but I don't like dark cabinets and counters together...one would have to be lighter.

Honored Contributor

Is this considered a 'Galley Kitchen?'

Obviously it has wonderful light during the daytime but the

dark cabinets at night would be very claustrophobic for me.

Doesn't appear to be a 'working' kitchen...pretty, not practical.

Honored Contributor

No--way too dark---I am not a fan of the countertops or the dark cabinets---but love the flooring and the black accents

Honored Contributor

I love the floor and the counter tops.  However, the kitchen is a bit too narrow for my taste and I am not a fan of the cabin work.  I would put a curtain on the window.  The sky lights are nice but maybe one would suffice.

Honored Contributor

I don't like anything about this. Everything is so dark. Cramped, no upper cabinets. Dark,  dark, dark. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

It's a nice kitchen.  I like the floor and the countertops, but not together.  Way too much pattern for me.

I would probably change out the countertops to something light and less busy to go with the stone walls, or change the floors out to something lighter.

I am not big fan of galley kitchens, but this one is nice.  I wonder if there is a butler's pantry. There is too little cabinet space.