Honored Contributor

I saw one of those on a show out of Great Britain that needed to be refurbished.  Sort of like an Antiques Road Show?  Had never heard of them before.

Enjoy it!

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1    @ECBG    Posting retail links is against board standards so its a moot point.  It would just be zapped. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1   @ECBG   Herman Miller made the original Eames chair and still make the same chair.  There's no question as to its authenticity. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eames_Lounge_Chair?wprov=sfla1

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Eames chair, anyone??

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

If this were a genuine Eames chair it would be worth thousands.  I taught Interior Design.  This is a great copy, though.

@ECBG @It's not a copy but it is newly from the makers of the original chair. It is sold for many thousands new. Go to the Sherman Miller site. Pricing is available. Auction prices for originals would be higher. 

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE Eams anything but would die to have that chair.  I thought they only sold it through the Museum of Modern Art.  LOVE it!

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

A beloved classic of midcentury design!   I'm one traditionalist who is always also drawn to these sculptural midcentury modern classics of impeccable design.  Hope you're able to get yours, @FrostyBabe1 .

Esteemed Contributor

These are beautiful....I'd love to own one.  My nephew and his family had a similar (CHEAPER) chair and I always liked it too.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

My dad had one when I was growing up.  I have no idea what became of that chair, but I sure wish I had it now.

Esteemed Contributor

Those chairs may be comfortable, but they always looked like a monster to me.  The "eyes" on the top and the "arms" out in front.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I love it!...and I would love to replace the Stressless chair & ottoman we purchased from Dane Decor years ago which has become tired looking.  It's become DH's chair and he is on his second Stressless chair.  He manages to make them look very "lived in".  I'm sure he would find a way to make a new Eames chair look weathered after a while too.

Enjoy your new chair!