Honored Contributor

Re: EDSEL FORD HOUSE IN MICHIGAN IS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

I sometimes wonder about many of the homes pictured here- what are their dining rooms set up for? Are they having meetings in there? Is the president coming? What?? It kind of blows my mind.

Love this house.

Honored Contributor

You nailed it, @Trailrun23 --  it's Grosse Pointe Shores.

Respected Contributor

Wow, it is spectacular, inside and out.  Thank you, @Oznell 

Honored Contributor

I am watching the show "The Cars That Made America". They are talking about Edsel Ford. And how Edsel Ford designed the Model A car. And how it was a well designed car and quite innovative for it's time.

But Edsel also had to move Henry Ford to move on from the Model T.

Henry Ford was also having a hard time getting the Model A to have 40 horsepower. The Model T was 20 horsepower.  And Edsel said that the valves were the problem. Edsel redesigned the valves and they got 40 horsepower. So Edsel not only designed the Model A, he helped the engineers and the design of the valves.

But apparently it was well known that Edsel Ford had an eye for design and good taste.

I guess his house showed that too.

Honored Contributor

Spectacular, exquisite inside and out, this is right in my taste zone, elegant and fancy.  The drawing room is perfect, the furnishings beautiful, two gorgeous chandeliers, just outstanding.  Of course I love the library, always a room I would gravitate toward, surrounded by books, comfortable and so very appealing for me.  The paneling in the dining room, just stunning.  II think the Cloister is grand, what a great open area to walk through.  I even like the modern room which does have an Art Deco feel as you stated , Oznell.

Besides drooling over the interior, the foliage, scenery, all absolutely breathtaking!  Fifty rooms , I'll take it as is!!!!!!!