Respected Contributor

This is on HSN today as the TSV, steep price but we have been thinking about getting one, does anyone have any feedback on this and is it really a good price?

TIA for any help / feedback you may have. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dyson Air Purifier with Fan

I don't have any Dyson but was kind of intrigued by this.  BUT new filters are needed every 6-12 months, a deal breaker for me.  I would want washable filters.  Didn't watch the full presentation but I don't understand how it can be an air purifier and fan at the same time.  Not willing to spend that much money to find out!!

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

I don't have any Dyson but was kind of intrigued by this.  BUT new filters are needed every 6-12 months, a deal breaker for me.  I would want washable filters.  Didn't watch the full presentation but I don't understand how it can be an air purifier and fan at the same time.  Not willing to spend that much money to find out!!

@kaydee50 GOOD POINT, those filters are expensive!!

Respected Contributor

There is a good discussion about air purifiers on the Wellness site.

When considering an Air Purifier there are two kinds of filters.

The HEPA filter takes care of particulate matter such as dust, pollen, allergens. A carbon filter is necessary to clear gases such as formaldehyde and other VOC's given off by biliding materials, carpet, paint, candles, dry cleaning solvents. 

So if you are concerned about both categories of air purification look for a 2 stage filter-HEPA plus Carbon. 

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 Don't watch HSN but I have 2 of these Dyson machines..........what is the price?

FYI - do not need to replace filter every 6 months unless you have an extra dirty/smokey house.  One year change is my experience.

Point 2 - Filter cost - Q was selling for $50 area

Amazon has a different vendor (than Dyson) and I bought for around $20

Washable filter - don't think any HEPA can be washed.  Most filter are made of paper

Air purifier and fan - no mystery there.  When air is taken in - it's clean through HEPA system and goes out as clean (via the FAN) air.

Valued Contributor

@granddi wrote:

There is a good discussion about air purifiers on the Wellness site.

When considering an Air Purifier there are two kinds of filters.

The HEPA filter takes care of particulate matter such as dust, pollen, allergens. A carbon filter is necessary to clear gases such as formaldehyde and other VOC's given off by biliding materials, carpet, paint, candles, dry cleaning solvents. 

So if you are concerned about both categories of air purification look for a 2 stage filter-HEPA plus Carbon. 

Very informative and THANK YOU,never knew about the 2 stage categories of filtration.

Have been in the market to replace wall to wall  carpeting but in later years thoughts have crossed my mind  of the vapors that we could be breathing in that room with new carpeting

Guess now I would  look at the Dyson with fan and HEPA as a helpful product for allergies maybe  ,and keeping less  dusting maybe.

Wonder  if Dyson  would be coming  out with a 2 stage  system but just could imagine the price of that if the HEPA /Fan is  that  price today.Understand they have a heater HEPA fan guess for winter.

Just wonder if this fan would really  cool off a room in hot summer so air conditioning wouldn't be needed as much.

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl    Think about your electric bill.  I mean, don't you have to run it continuously to be effective?  How much are filters?  I purchased a Dyson f an and returned it.  There was too much set up for me and I felt it would work better in a larger space.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@kaydee50 Don't watch HSN but I have 2 of these Dyson machines..........what is the price?

FYI - do not need to replace filter every 6 months unless you have an extra dirty/smokey house.  One year change is my experience.

Point 2 - Filter cost - Q was selling for $50 area

Amazon has a different vendor (than Dyson) and I bought for around $20

Washable filter - don't think any HEPA can be washed.  Most filter are made of paper

Air purifier and fan - no mystery there.  When air is taken in - it's clean through HEPA system and goes out as clean (via the FAN) air.

289 dollars comes with remote and filter.

Honored Contributor

I don't know if this will influence you, but the Queen uses a Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link at Buckingham Palace.

dyson.PNG

Respected Contributor

Does it say anywhere how many SqFt it cleans, I know I may need two, one for upstairs and one for down but for my budget I can only do one.