Respected Contributor

I odered one earlier tonight but just cancelled it.  I wanted it mainly for my kitchen but there isn't enough room between the outlets and the bottom of the cabinets so the DynaTrap won't fit.  I've been having a problem with mosquitoes and thought this might help.  Any other ideas out there? 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Were you measuring from the top or bottom outlet?  If it won't fit under your cabinet maybe you can put it in an adjacent hallway where it'll fit.  With the attracting light, the bugs will still find it even if it isn't precisely in your kitchen.  As for the brand, we have one of the outdoor Dynatraps and it does a great job.  

Honored Contributor

I have the indoor DynaTrap in my breakfast room, which attracts the flies and all other flying objects away from the kitchen and traps them. Works very, very well. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: DynaTrap TSV

[ Edited ]

@Catty2 

there are rotating outlet adapters. Won't the trap still work if it's horizontal instead of vertical ?

There are also very short extension cords that might work for your particular situation.

edit yes!  Carolyn just showed them being used horizontally.

These are 3 prong grounded polarized plugs, so I'd need grounding adapters for half my outlets.

Esteemed Contributor

I put the previous model in my main hallway behind a pedestal. The flying "things" get trapped there which also in next to the kitchen. The flying inscets are attracted to the light so if you have it near the room then I think it will still do the job.

I only have a few plugs in my kitchen so I purchased those wall plug units that have the rotating sides. That solves my problem with my appliances. That said you might consider checking on line because the older model looks more like a nighlight shape and it just has the blue light....no trapping paper. Mine work well. My other thought are those pretty glass fly traps that are in the garden show. They usually trap some of these things.

I did purchase some pest pulse sensors at the hardware store. They come in all types of pest varities. That might work because they fit a standard outlet a little easier. The ones that I have also include a plug access on the side. 

I live next to woods so I have an increased pest maintance situation. Hope one of these work for your needs.

Respected Contributor

@Fressa 

I wondered if those fruit fly traps would work on mosquitoes.  Thanks for the information.